I grabbed and read what It was written on the first page.

"What is it?," Sam said.

"Heimdall," I sighed. "He wrote that I have to get to the palace library and ill find how to get to Thor,"

"The palace and how the fuck are going to get there?," asked Clint.

"And what is in the box? " Sam asked at the same time.

"It says on the note that it's something like the all speak no clue what that is, but it says it would help understand Asgardian," Stark said. "And to answer your question, Clint, he explains how on the note," Stark added.

"Steve and I will go inside. The rest will stay outside in case something happens," I said.

"Just so you know, if you two don't get out in 24 hours we are getting in," Natasha announced.

___

"We are in," I whispered while we hurried through corridors quietly looking for the library.

"I think is here," Steve said, pointing to big doors.

"Well, let's get in," I said fearfully.

"I'll go first," he said. He pushed the door and sighed, relieved, then he glanced behind at me. "It is the library. Come in."

"What do we look for? " Steve said, going through books.

"It's a book that-wait they are all in Asgardian," I gasped "How are going to know now ugh!!" I said frustrated.

"What? " Steve said, grabbing a book.

"All of this for nothing," I said, snapping the book shut.

"Wait, maybe we can ask for somebody to translate for us," I suggested.

"And risk us, no not a chance," He said.

"But they don't have to remember we were here," I said. "We could erase their memory,"

Steve looked at me, confused, then he sighed. "Wanda could do it," He said, knowingly.

"Let's try," I said, looking at him pleadingly.

hesitantly, he agreed.

"Kid, you stay here. Ill go look for someone," he ordered, leaving the room.

Steve POV

I walked out of the library intending to find immediately someone who looks trustworthy that can help us on this important mission.

During my journey through the hallways in my desperate wish to locate somebody, I wasn't aware of my surroundings at all. It didn't take long before I collided with someone. I apologized quickly and studied him. His eyes widened for a moment, but I ignored it. He seemed like a wise old man and I thought he might solve all our problems...

King Odin has your majesty suffered any damage because of this man's irresponsibility, one guard said, eying me with disdain

Everything in my mind connected. It was all clear this old man who looked like the light was instead the dark when I realized he was Loki.

"No harm was done," the fake Odin said.

"And who you might be," he said, narrowing his eyes slightly.

I contemplated if I should tell the truth or not, but concluded that it would be useless because maybe he could detect lies since he was the god of mischief.

"I am Steve rogers, sir," I said.

"Oh," he said and then whispered something to his guards. I assumed he dismissed them because they left.

"Now, child, come with me," he said.

I followed him to what I believe to be the throne room. He sat on the throne and spoke.

"You are one of Thor's companions, right? One avenger," the old man said, arching an eyebrow. "Is Thor with you?" he asked curiously and was nervous.

"No sir, he is not with me," I said.

"Then what are you doing here? " He glared, stepping out of the throne, coming dangerously close to me.

At that moment, I was done pretending I didn't know who he was.

I glared right back at him.

"I know who you are," I said confidently.

His eyebrows shot up in surprise before quickly recovering.

"I'm terribly sorry I do not know what you mean," he said, pretending ignorance.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Then I'm must be mistaken, Odin, or should I say Loki," I said.

In half a second, he was right in front of me with a dagger pointed at my neck, clenching his jaw, no longer in his Odin costume.

"Now captain, how do you know this? " he said, pressing the dagger further into my skin.

"Sir, the servants said they saw him with a woman walking towards the library" A man who I didn't notice entering said. My eyes widened at the mention of y/n worry filling my senses.

Loki smirked, noticing my reaction. "Thank you skurge, now leave" he said, ushing the man out.

"Now where were we? Oh right, what are you doing here?," He said, not as threatening as before.

"I'm telling you nothing," I spat.

he smiled wickedly, "If you are not telling, I bet your companion will,"

I sneered. Did y/n actually think this man was going to cooperate? I thought.

"You'll have to fight me if you want to go out of the door," I said, putting myself in a fight stance.

In a second, he charged at me, but I dodged the hit. I winged at his jaw when suddenly I felt a pressure from behind my head.

"Sweet dreams, Captain," a voice snickered from behind me, and everything went black.

Normal POV

The minutes keep ongoing and Steve wasn't coming; I overthinked. I started pacing around the library picking on my fingers skin and then I heard the doors of the library.

"Oh, god thank Jesus you are alright," I said relieved. "Did you find someone?," I added.

He stared at me for a couple seconds before talking, "Um, no. I didn't sorry" Steve said.

I frowned at his weird behavior

"Steve, what took you so long?," I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"I wanted to find a suitable person for the task," he said.

Something was wrong with Steve, but I couldn't point out what was it, I thought.

He just stared at me. His eyes seemed to analyze me.

he sighed "I'm sorry dear for worrying you, It was never my intent," he said cupping my face.

This wasn't Steve.

"No problem," I said, a little uncomfortable pushing his hands out of my face.

Oh, god if this wasn't Steve, then where is he and most important, who is pretending to be Steve? A thought occurred to me, Loki... No, it can't be... yes, it definitely can be. He is a shape-shifter. I glanced at Steve. He was already looking at me. His eyes piercing, staring intently.

"Something wrong, dear," he said, accentuating the dear almost venomously.

yes it's definitely Loki.

I glared at him. "Where is Steve?"

His face maintained a stoic look, but his eyes showed something like amusement.

"I was wondering how long would you take to realize," he said, showing his real self.