〚𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎〛fights and familiar faces

Start from the beginning

Blast after blast after blast. Pom sure as hell wasn't holding back but neither was Uraraka.

But something didn't seem...

You sighed and glanced up.

Wait- Oh!

"Looks like she's not resting between attacks despite being exploded. The poor girl."

You smiled. Now it made sense. What a neat plan! Nice going, Uraraka!

This is shameful!" You glanced over. Someone from the stands was yelling? "Listen kid, you really wanna be a hero? Then stop acting like a bully." You rolled your eyes.

What did they even think was going to happen if they had a bunch of kids, determined enough to get into UA's hero course, fight each other? Did they really think everyone wouldn't give it their all?

"If you're so good, just send her out of bounds. Stop toying with the girl and end this match!"

Toying with her? Wow...

"Yeah, you heard the guy!"

You sighed. Really? If you somehow rolled a zero for observation skills, you probably shouldn't be a hero. What kind of-

"Stop acting like a villain!"

You winced back.

You're worse! You're a lying villain!

The whole crowd was booing. You slunk back into your chair.

Would they think that about you?

"Where is the man who started this uproar?" Aizawa-sensei's voice pulled you from your dismal thoughts. "Are you a pro? Because if you're being serious, you can go home and hang up your cape. I'd suggest looking into another career." Not only did he quiet your thoughts but he managed to quiet the crowd as well. "Bakugo's fierceness is an acknowledgment of his opponent's strength. He knows she deserves to have made it this far, so he's making sure he does whatever it takes to keep her at bay and come out on top."

Geez just when you thought Aizawa couldn't get any more cool teacher points in your book.

An acknowledgment of his opponent's strength, huh? Was that why Pom was so pissed at you for holding back?

"I don't blame Bakugou for not noticing, but it's embarrassing for a pro to boo and not realize what's going on from the stands." The copy quirk guy continued explaining.

Huh. Shockingly observant for all his annoying rants about your class.

"A meteor shower!" Mic yelled.

You grinned. Cool move. Fit her space theme too!

"Now you notice."

"Hey, she had a plan all along!" Midoriya exclaimed, probably surprised he didn't notice.

Then-

BOOM!

The blast shook the entire arena, slamming nearly everyone back into their seats. You pulled up a hand to block your eyes. Not wanting to get dust into them.

"Bakugo bangs out a huge demonstration of power! He blasted apart Uraraka's finishing move and remains untouched!"

Untouched? You wouldn't say that. You could see his hand trembling. He was reaching his limit but...

Uraraka practically forced herself to her feet.

"All right, then. Time for us to get serious. Uraraka!"