- You have to go somewhere ?

- Yeah I need to go to work this afternoon.

He got up, walking to his dresser before puting on a black teeshirt and grey joggings. He put on a chain collar around his neck before asking me a new question.

- Do you need a ride ?

I looked at him confused before laughing while saying my joke.

- What type of ride ?

He laughed with me, facepalming himself, obviously ashamed for laughing at my dirty joke. I walked to stand next to him, taking one of his shirts to put something clean on me. I looked up at him, pausing to admire his features before talking again.

- Anyways, why are you being so nice all of the sudden ?

He put his silver ear piercings as he locked his eyes with mine.

- You yelled at me yesterday because you wanted my behaviour to change.

- Aww how cute.

- Stop this or you're going to walk next to the car.

- Okay okay I stop.

I finished dressing myself and walked out of the room. I went to the living room to pick up some stuff before going to the office room, finding my underwear under the desk. I laughed at myself and as I put my hands on the desk to lift myself up, I dropped a paper on the floor.
I took the paper and put it back on the desk, giving a quick look on it.

Meet up at the abandoned mall tonight.

What ? Who the fuck asks for a meet up in a abandoned building ?
I stayed in front of the paper confused.

It's not of my business anyways. I put the underwear into my bag and walked out of the room. Toji leaded me to the car and we had a calm drive, just humming 80's songs in a comfortable silence.

I got back home, going to prepare myself before going to work.

—————————————————————

I took a sip of my coffee, watching stuff on my phone while waiting for my partner. We had to meet up in this park to talk about something she discovered. I watched up as I feel Isa's presence next to me.

- Hey bitch.

- Hey whore.

She sat next to me on the bench and we discussed a little before talking about more serious things.

- I asked to meet up because I needed to tell you something. I was doing research on the exorcists group who killed three of our colleagues. I found one of them walking to the old abandoned mall at the end of city. I couldn't get too close so I observed from a long distance.

As she kept talking, my brain disconnected with her voice. In a abandoned mall ? Toji's note.
Is he concerned by this ? Does he know that I'm a jujutsu sorcerer ? Did he lie to me ?

The thoughts were fusing into my head as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

- Are you listening to me ?

- Yes.. I-

- No you weren't. Did you think about something concerning the case ?

I paused. Rubbing my eyes and thinking before talking.

- I'm hooking up with someone since a few months. It was just sex at first. I mean it still is just sex. But now it's... anyways that's not the point. This morning I found a note on his desk talking about a meet up in the abandoned mall.

- Excuse me what ? You're hooking up with one of the guys who killed our friends ??

- No ! I mean maybe that's not him ! Maybe it was another abandoned building.

- Gurl.

- Okay it's suspicious. But I haven't felt any occult energy coming from him.

- Maybe he just uses jujutsu weapons but doesn't own occult energy.

I paused again. Putting my head into my hands. What the fuck is going on. I started to feel dizzy.
She put her hand on my arm to calm me down.

- What does he look like ?

I gave a quick physical description of Toji while she listened to me carefully. She told me that she didn't see him at the mall the few times she went there to observe them. But she also told me that he could be part of the Zenin clan, which would explain why he wanted to kill jujutsu sorcerers.
I didn't know what to think about all of theses informations. It was like my brain couldn't process everything.

She brung me back home and I dropped myself and my stuff on the couch. I looked at the ceiling, re thinking in a loop all the things Isa told me today. I can't believe that Toji can be part of this shit. Everything is so confusing. If he was involved why did he not show up at the meet up ? Why would he have a sort of relationship with me ?
Should I try to gather some informations discreetly while I'm at his place ? Wouldn't it be invasion of privacy ?

Rha brain shut up.

I turned on my TV to focus my brain on something else. I ended up falling asleep on the couch while drinking some beers.