Your eyes darted towards your pinky finger. The long red thread still wrapped tightly on your finger.

Rindou was supposed to be your rest but everytime you see the red string, you just feel really guilty.

What the hell did that even mean?

All those years, five fucking years, you run away thinking that you and Mitsuya is over. You're not his girlfriend and not even his soulmate.

And now, after those rough years of trying to heal and forgetting, being able to love again, the fucking string just suddenly reappear?

You decided to just meet Hinata before going home. It's better to catch up with her first. After all, you also missed her.

"I'm so glad you agreed to talk to me." Hinata beamed, holding your hand on top of the table. You could see the silver ring on her ring finger with a beautiful gemstone. "So, how have you been? I heard from Yuzuha that you're dating that famous model. Haitani Rindou."

With a half hearted smile, you looked down at your hand, the string slightly glowing. "Yes, I am."

"Woah, so dreamy~"

"How is it going with Takemichi?"

Her smile got even wider, her cheeks stained in red. "Aw, you know we're doing good! Perfect even! Enough about us, I want to know about you."

"What's there to know about me?"

"Hmm, like where do you live now? Where are you working? Can we like... meet from time to time?"

You took a sip on the glass of juice in front of you, "Ah, I work as a secretary. I think I can make plans with you in advance. You're still a teacher?"

"Of course. I just changed schools for a higher salary." She stopped for a moment to look at you. "But have you already met Mitsuya?"

"Huh?"

"I mean... you don't know? Yuzuha didn't tell you?"

Your forehead creased, heart beating painfully, "What do you mean?"

"Ah, it's that... after you left, Mitsuya came to me and asked me if there's any way he can contact you, maybe you changed the number that time. He was, how should I say this, desperate? Yeah, he was desperately trying to find a way to talk to you."

Eh?

Your heart sank. You were confused. What does that even mean? He tried to talk to you? After you left? Talk about what?

Wasn't he with Yuzuha?

A laugh escaped your lips, "Wasn't he dating Yuzuha?"

Hinata froze on her seat. It took a minute before she could construct an answer. "Dating? What are you talking about? They never dated. And Yuzuha's planning to get married next year."

"What?"

"I'm telling you," she chuckled, "They never dated. Hmm, maybe they tried, but it didn't work out. I don't know if I should tell you this but Mitsuya probably still loves you."

-

All that information made you want to puke. After all these years? Still love you?

You laughed sarcastically and slammed your palm on the comfort room's mirror. Your eyes gleamed in disbelief and confusion.

While in the middle of trying to calm yourself, your phone rang and saw Rindou's name flashing on the screen. His name comes with a small heart on the side. You quickly swiped the answer, pressing it to your ear.