3. Friends?

"Why were you entering the classroom with him? And looking like"-she gestured to Cassandra's clothes-"that?" whisper-yelled Marlene.

Cassandra didn't blame her, she did look like a mess, and arriving accompanied by Sirius Black didn't help what people could have thought of this intrusion in their class.

"It's not what it looks like Marls, I just happened to run into him in the corridor, snogging a girl. He must have realized we had the same class when I told him I was late to Transfiguration."

"Still doesn't explain the hair out of your usually so tidy ponytail, your red cheeks or the breathlessness,"answered Marlene raising her brows."And wait, you TALKED to him?"

"Sshhhh! I ran in the corridors to avoid being late, hence my looks. And of course I talked to him because I basically interrupted his making out session, so I had to apologise. But you know how he gets. He's your friend."

"I have so many questions right now."-Marlene took a deep breath-"How did you-"

"Miss McKinnon, will you stop harassing Miss Delage, so maybe both of you could get to work. Thank you," interrupted McGonagall.

Marlene throw a 'this-is-not-over' look to Cassandra, who only throw back her most annoyed face.

She came back to her usual self and studied for the rest of the class, not wanting to make her house lose points. But somehow, Cassandra was still distracted by the curious encounter she had with Sirius Black, wondering how could a single person get on her nerves so easily.

At the end of the class, the girl rushed out of the class, her only motivation being to avoid Marlene's questions. To make sure she would be alone, she headed to the top of the Ravenclaw Tower, and settled down once she was sure nobody had followed her.

She opened Pride and Prejudice on her lap, a muggle book she borrowed from Lily, and began reading. She had almost two hours to spend before going for lunch at the Great Hall. Unfortunately, she only had the possibility to read an hour before she had to go to the library, to progress on the transfiguration essay McGonagall just gave the class.

∼∼∼∼∼∼

"I can't believe you were snogging Lily's friend! This is not gonna help my case Padfoot, she's gonna think I made you go after her to get closer!"Cried out James Potter, while him and his group made their way out of the Transfiguration class.

Sirius Black rolled his eyes playfully.

"I was chatting with Ami... Ama... Amalia? Anyway, some girl from Ravenclaw. I wasn't with Lily Evans' best friend. I didn't even know who she was. And as a matter of fact, why would I do that to you?"

"Because you're a jerk?"

"Thank you for the support Moony."-Sirius turned back to his other friend-"I swear to you Prongs nothing happened with this girl. If anything, she was the jerk."

James' shoulders seemed to relax.

"It just didn't seem like it when you entered the room. I just hope she's telling the same version to her friends."

"I don't think so. She must be telling them how crazy it was to cross path with such an admirable man such as myself."

"Given how she rushed out of class, she is definitly telling them that. Way to go Sirius!" Answered Remus.

This gave James his grin back, and he was now mocking Sirius with his two other friends.

"How does it feel to be rejected for the first time Pads?"

"It wasn't the first time, remember McGonagall already did once."Intervened a squeaky voice.

"She did not reject me, she politely declined my offer since she had busted me earlier with an other girl. She was just being jealous and didn't want to mess up our relationship Wormtail."