13

hyunjin let out a nervous breath as he looked down at the watch around his wrist. he had signed up for the audition and he was up next. it took each person around 3-5 minutes, so he had been timing how long the person before him had been gone.

it had already been 3 minutes, but it could last up to 5. so he was either done or almost done. "hwang hyunjin." he shot his head up, looking towards the direction of the voice.

he was met with the sweet smile of a woman, probably around her late 50s. "they're ready for you, hun." he swallowed thickly and nodded his head, pushing himself off of the seat he was in.

she smiled comfortingly at him, leading him down a hallway that seemed to go on forever. eventually, she abruptly stopped and opened a door on her left, moving to let the male in. he bowed at her out of respect before he entered the room, nervously looking at the few staff in the room.

"name." a tall one asked, a clipboard in his hand. "uh- hyunjin. hwang hyunjin." he said and the male nodded, quickly writing something down. "sit, please." he nodded and sat down in front of one of the other males.

a piece of paper was handed to him, and when he looked at it, he realized it was a script. "read lines 1-5, please. the emotions you should be portraying are on the top right or beside the line." hyunjin nodded, looking down at the sheet of paper once more.

"we're ready when you are." he nodded once again, clearing his throat before he started reading his lines, his nervousness was suddenly gone as he quickly got into character.

the character he was possibly going to play was very stubborn but sensitive, as a side note had told him. he could also tell that this scene was a bit emotional because he was told he had to cry.

almost as if on command, a tear rolled down his cheek, shocking the staff around him. he had been the first person they had seen who had been able to cry on command.

they were truly moved by his performance and it was like he was making this character and situation real. they were highly impressed. why had they never heard his name before? he was talented.

when he finished ready the script, he quickly wiped the stray tears that still laid on top of his cheeks, smiling shyly at the staff. "wow. that was amazing, mr. hwang." the male who sat in front of him said, intertwining his fingers as he laid them on the desk.

"truly. you have an insane amount of potential." he smiled reassuringly at him, rustling through a stack of papers. "now, i'm gonna tell you what's gonna happen." he pulled out a piece of paper from the stack and slid it over to hyunjin, who looked down at it.

"if this piece of paper shows up in your mail, it means we would like to see you again to truly see what you can do. but..." he pulled the sheet of paper back as he needed it for the rest of the potential actors. "if you don't get anything in the mail by the end of these next two weeks, that means you didn't pass the audition." hyunjin nodded, biting onto his bottom lip.

"now, there are some occasions where we send you an email or call you instead, so keep your phone on you, too." hyunjin nodded once again. the male smiled at him again, reaching his hand out. hyunjin reciprocated the actions, extending his arm out as well, shaking his hand firmly.

"it was nice meeting you. have a good rest of your day." hyunjin smiled at him, his eyes turning into crescent shapes. "you too."

at that, a different staff member opened the door for him. "just keep walking down the hall until you find the exit, it's the very last door on the right." hyunjin nodded, bowing at him.

the male smiled at how respectful the boy was but told him it wasn't necessary. "hope to see you again, mr. hwang."