Spark

Neon sat up in bed tossing her feet over to the side so that her toes would meet with the wooden floor. She loosely tossed the curtain next to her bed open to make a sort of estimate as to what time it was. She glanced for a moment but took a good blink and checked again, to her surprise it was still awfully late out considering that it was pitch black with not even the moon in sight. She took a huge yawn while she collapsed onto her back laying on her bed once again letting herself take a good stretch. She laid there for a moment but flung herself up and walked towards the metal slide door which was the entry to her bedroom. She walked down the hall a bit in hopes to not wake any of the other agents up since she'd probably get scolded for being awake at such an hour, not so much by the younger agents but most likely Reyna or Sage. Neon eventually reached the bathroom door and waited for it to slide open. Her vision was somewhat groggy during the time since she'd just woken up so late and all she wanted was to get a drink of water from the sink. When the metal slide door hadn't opened she started to get a bit aggravated and muttered under her breath letting out a tired groan. She banged her fist weakly onto the metal door in a sense of defeat but as soon as she did so it slid wide open causing Neon to lose balance and fall to her knees at the bathroom entrance. As soon as she fell she quickly came to her senses shaking her head and blinking so that it'd help her see her surroundings clearer. She glanced upwards for a moment and saw a figure with nothing on except for pajama pants, as she tried to focus more on the face she could hear them utter the word, "Idiot.." Neon could recognize that voice from anywhere but never necessarily got the chance to speak with Yoru one on one. In a panic yet sleepy daze she stood up somewhat stumbling on the other foot, "Yoru? Is that you? What are you doing up so late?" not even a moment after speaking she could hear Yoru snicker in response, "I could ask the same to you but I don't go prowling around in other people's business now do I?" not even a moment later after he said that he'd already walked off leaving Neon on her own. Neon walked into the bathroom and got her drink of water like she'd planned originally but something felt odd, as if there was a burning sensation growing in her chest that just made her want to scream and explode into a million little pieces as if she were equivalent to a firework. Neon rushed quickly back into her room and flopped face down into her pillow hugging it while rolling around and kicking her feet. She eventually passed out from her little bursts of excitement which managed to keep her asleep for the rest of the night.

NEXT DAY

Neon's alarm which she had on her phone began buzzing off, she quickly opened her phone turning off the alarm and loosely tossing her phone in a faraway corner on her bed. She groaned and buried her face within her pillow. Neon heard knocking on her door and tossed herself in the opposite direction angrily, "Go away please." She heard the slide door open and could feel a headache beginning to form, she slowly picked up her head sighing in an annoyed tone, "I said to go— oh." Standing right next to her bed directly over her was none other than Yoru himself. She could feel her face begin to burn up as if Phoenix had just been in the room standing directly next to her. Neon quickly took her pillow flipping it over onto the cold side and covering her face as much as she possibly could, "What do you want?" Yoru glared directly down at her and Neon could tell there was an intense tension radiating between the both of them now.