Chapter 50: Troubles of love

Start from the beginning

"Tokito-dono! Are you okay? I have no idea what happened just now" Kanamori yelled as he rushed to the pillar's side now that Gyokko was gone and it was safe.
"I'm fine. I'm Fine. I feel absolutely great. I have to go to Tanjiro and Hikaru now" Muichirou said and the marks that had appeared on his face were now gone. While he said he was fine his body and face were showing his exhaustion.
"You look absolutely horrible, are you sure?" Kanamori questioned.
"I'm totally okay. Nothing's wrong with me, are you listening?" Muichirou said. His breath was coming out as wheezes, his whole body was shaking and he was looking more exhausted by the minute.
"Hm? I hear wheezes...Is your body shaking? Are you..." Kanamori noticed as he got closer.
"Come on, dammit. Can you are least check on Kotetsu?" Muichirou requested with a sneer. The sneer didn't last long as his face lost all color and foam started to come from his mouth.
"You're foaming at the mouth!" Kanamori yelled just as Muichirou fell face first into the ground.
"WAGH! Tokito-dono!" Kanamori screamed. As it turned out the poison reached his blood circulation so he was totally not okay.
"Crap! Crap! Is he dead? What should I do? Uhhh....Someone! Haganezuka-san!" Kanamori fretted out. Haganezuka was still sitting where he had been thrown by the battle, still sharpening the blade.
"Goddamit, he's not coming! That moron ignored me even when I was on the brink of death" Kanamori growled. Hearing retching noises he turned back to Muichirou not noticing the person coming up behind him.
"WAGH! He's choking on foam, oh no! Wh-Wh...What do I do?" Kanamori worried, not knowing what to do.
"You should put him on his side" Kotetsu piped up from behind Kanamori.
"WAAAGH! Young Kotetsu's ghost!" Kanamori screamed.
"No, I didn't die at all, I'm not a ghost," Kotetsu denied.
"No, no, no, you're dead. You just have no idea you're a ghost" Kanamori insisted.
"No, no, no, I'm alive," Kotetsu corrected.
"No, no, no, no, you should've bled out after getting stabbed in your solar plexus" Kanamori continued to argue.
"This blood is actually from my arm. It only got stained here because I was pressing my arm down on this part. But the wound on my arm was really bad and I might have died if I didn't have some of the medicine that Hikaru-san gave me that has stopped the bleeding. As for my belly, I was saved because of this hilt that I got from Tanjiro-san, he said he wanted me to put it on his new blade" Kotetsu explained as he got out a few vials as well as Rengoku's hilt that he had given Tanjiro.
'Let's do the best we can as pillars,' Muichirou remembered Rengoku saying, making him start to cry.
"We should get these vials into him since Hikaru-san said that they were for poison" Kotetsu said as he gave them to Kanamori.

'See? Everything went well' Muichirou heard his Dad as it was like his parents were kneeling beside him and his brother was standing in front of him.
'Mum, Dad' Muichirou thought as his twin walked closer and kneeled down making their parents smile happily.
'Good work there,' Yuuichirou said.
'Nii-san' Muichirou thought as he gritted his teeth and a fresh wave of tears ran down his face.

Hikaru's POV

I was gritting my teeth as I ran alongside Tanjiro as we were trying to dodge the large tree monster that the Hatred demon had summoned. We didn't move fast enough as one of the dragon mouths caught the back of our uniforms. Thankfully they ripped as we moved to get free.
'This tree dragon has five heads! They can stretch up to roughly twenty metres! Okay! I know that at least!' Tanjiro thought.
"Tanjiro" I yelled as I shoved him out of the way as the dragon head started to charge up an attack.
"Akatsuki No Y-" I started but I was cut off by a loud screeching attack like from the bird demon. I was happy that I had shoved Tanjiro out of the way as I felt blood come from my ears and nose and since I had been in the air I slammed into a tree branch and scrambled to hold onto it as I lost to contents of my stomach from the noise and how hard I had hit the tree.
"Hikaru" Tanjiro yelled but I shook my head which just made me heave again. I couldn't hear him all that well, my eyesight was spinning and I wasn't even sure if I could stand.
"Look out!" I yelled out, or at least I think I yelled it as I saw the tree dragon going to attack Tanjiro. He quickly got to his feet but not in time as I saw the dragon crush Tanjiro's leg and foot.
"GAHH!" Tanjiro screamed and I was already moving. Grabbing Tanjiro I threw him over my shoulder just in time to dodge a lightning attack from the Hatred demon.
'It can use the same powers as the primal emotions. And it's stronger that they were! No time for breaths, I can't recover! I have no idea how Hikaru is managing to move with the damage that he has taken. Even though we know the attacks are coming I can't do anything about them, the only thing keeping us alive is Hikaru. I can't chain my breaths!' Tanjiro thought. Turning I quickly threw Tanjiro out of the twenty metre radius of the dragon hoping he would be able to catch his breath as well as maybe use a breath attack. With that in mind I turned towards the dragon and took in a large breath that felt like it was ripping my lungs to pieces.
'I see what Hikaru is thinking. If I move beyond twenty metres then maybe I can...Okay this is fine' Tanjiro thought as he realised why I threw him. The Hated demon once again hit one of the drums behind him and before I could use a breathing technique I had to jump one of the dragon heads and block the other one with my sword. My eyes glanced over to Tanjiro and saw that I was wrong about him being able to get his breath back if he was twenty metres away, the dragon head had sprouted a head out of its mouth who then did the same until it was five heads longer. It was long enough to clamp onto Tanjiro's arm and then started to pull him towards the main head.
"Tanjiro, use a technique.." I started but I had to stop as I dodged another attack and swung my sword, cutting deeply into another head but not enough to sever the head. Within the few seconds that I hadn't been watching the dragon head had swallowed Tanjiro making Nezuko cry out behind her muzzle. I looked to check on Genya's condition and I saw that he was still trapped by the dragon that was holding him down tightly but at least it wasn't trying to kill him at the moment. Nezuko at the moment was hanging from a different dragon's mouth by her arm that was bleeding a lot, Tanjiro was inside a dragon's mouth and I was standing on another dragon's head while blocking another one. We were in trouble. Feeling something press at me I fought back against it. This is what happened when I was fighting against Gyutaro and Ume, ancestors or not, I wasn't going to let anyone control my attacks.
'Crap, I'm gonna get crushed' Tanjiro thought as the wooden walls around him started to press down on him. I had to get to Tanjiro, gritting my teeth. I got ready to move even if I would probably take damage from the two heads I was dealing with at the moment. I would deal with it if it meant getting Tanjiro out. My eyes widened as a new aura came rushing towards us and cut the dragon head several times over and rescued Tanjiro.
"A pillar huh?" The Hated demon said as he looked at the sky.
"Kyaah! That is one big monster! What is that!" Kanroji screamed with Tanjiro on her back.
"You okay? Sorry for being late! Good thing I made it in time" Kanroji smiled at Tanjiro before heading back to the ground.
"K-Kanroji-san!" Tanjiro exclaimed.
"You just rest up now! Nice work there! That was amazing!" Kanroji said as she put Tanjiro down on the ground.
"Wait! Upper Moon! Upper Moon Four.." Tanjiro said before bursting into coughs. Taking this chance I quickly jumped back away from the dragon heads and lent on the back of a tree. I knew that soon enough I would have to move but for now I would take a few seconds to breath and regroup my thinking.
"Hey you! Your pranks went too far there! I'm gonna take Nezuko-chan and Genya-kun back now!" Kanroji yelled while looking up at the Hatred demon that was standing on the start of the dragon tree monster.
"Shut your mouth harlot, I only take orders from one person in this world" Hatred demon sneered as he glared down at Kanroji.
'Harlot!? Har...Ha...Me!? He means me!? Unbelievable how could someone say that word? And he looks just as young as my little brother! Oh? But demons don't actually look as old as they are right? Even so, how rude!' Kanroji thought.
"Resonance, bolt of death" Hatred demon said as two of the dragon heads moved to attack. One with a sound attack and the other with a lightning bolt attack.
"Kanroji-san!" Both Tanjiro and I yelled and I pushed myself to move, to push her out of the way because she was probably a better help then I was at the moment so if I could take the attack then we had a chance.
"Breath of Love, third form, lovely kitty shower!" Kanroji said as she moved and blocked all of the attacks, even the noise attack.
'Of course, how could I be so stupid. She was a pillar so of course she didn't need my help' I thought while shaking my head.
"Now I'm mad! You may look like a kid but that's still unforgivable" Kanroji huffed.
'This girl cut right through the attack itself' Hatred demon realised.