Chapter 12

Ok it is now 7:30am, I have been awoken by Purpled who was screaming his lungs out. Primes how does one person inhale so much oxygen in one go? Mans must have super lungs or something. Whilst I had to suffer from this terrible inhuman shriek Punz was getting on with his morning wearing noise cancelling head phones, little fucker. How dare them leave me to deal with the shrieking of their brother. What did I do to deserve this so early in the morning. 

At the moment I am sat in the corner of my room with my hands protecting my precious eardrums from the racket. (Realistically I was sobbing because of the loud noise, never really dealing well with high pitched noises. However, no one needed to know that)

Well at least I only had to deal with this awful morning routine for today. But with that another problem arose. Phil who I must mention is a villain is coming to pick me up today. Decisions, decisions. Stay here and listen to this shrieking every morning or go and say with a load of villains. Got to say the latter seems a lot more appealing at this moment in time.

Coming back to the world from my daydreaming, I was met with Purpled right up in my face. When did he get here? When had he stopped shrieking? Oh well.

"We have breakfast in 10 minutes, get dressed and meet us downstairs. We'll save you a seat." With that he stood up and left, unpinning my curtain as he walked out. Which I will admit, I didn't even know was pinned up.

I practically crawled over to my bag which a some point I had moved closer to my bed and started digging through it. it was probably best to put on a decent outfit, make somewhat of a first good impression. 

After a bit of routing through the contents of the bag I pulled out a pair of blue jeans and what Tubbo called my signature shirt, white with red sleeves. Pulling on a pair of old van and the same black hoodie from yesterday, I made my way out of the room. Not before making sure everything was secure in my bags. It would make packing a lot easier later.

Downstairs was a completely different environment to what I remember breakfast being like at the farm. Older kids were on their phones, completely disregarding the food that was in front of them or having already finished it. Younger kids were running round whilst still eating, some kay in the middle of the room, other being gathered on the couch watching some cartoon on an old TV. Very few kids were actually sat nicely at the table though they were still on their own conversation not paying attention to anything around them.

How could everyone be so carefree, without a worry in the world that some older kid might com and start beating them up or telling them to do their chores. Did these kids even have chores. Why was everything so different. A shout came from across the room and I looked up recognising it as my name. The vice belonged to Purpled, he was sat with Punz on some beanbags, a couple extra around them with some other kids on them. Most of them looking around the same age if not older than myself.

I walked over to them and sat down on one of the empty beanbags, the one that was closest to Punz and the furthest away from the other kids. "So who are you?" one of the kids said and I found myself looking around to see who said it. My eyes met with an older girl with ginger hair, slightly curled and hazel eyes. "Oh, I'm Tommy I arrived last night, though it's only temporary."

"What do you mean by temporary?" she started again. "Oh my 'dad' couldn't take care of me and wanted to leave me in the protection of one of his friends but it was going to take awhile for them to get here."

"Is that why you didn't unpack yesterday?" Punz? "Uhm yeah, I didn't see any point because I was only going to be staying for one night."

"Anyway it doesn't matter how long he's here for or why, it's not really our business. But here Tommy I got you pancakes before, they're probably a bit cold now though... you took so long to get dressed." 

"Thanks Purpled"

**********

I was back in my room, it was now 10:14. Breakfast had been and gone and it was an experience to ay the least. It was nice even, not something I had ever done before. At the farm we all had to eat meal quickly and could only talk quietly, we had to sit at the table and leave as soon as we were finished to either go to bed or get on with chores. It was strange, almost pleasant. I thought that this centre would be horrible due to it being in a dodgy area but it was surprisingly fine.

Well everything was fie until what I had been both dreading and waiting for happened. Through the speaker in our room came the voice of the man at desk's voice. 'Thomas Jacobs please come to the front and be prepared to meet people.'

Purpled and Punz soon came into my part of the room with confused looks on their faces but it was Punz who was talking. "I know you said it was temporary but it's a bit soon don't you think?"

"I guess it's sort of soon because I only came here yesterday, but centres give me bad memories and shit."

"That's understandable, anyway you ought to get downstairs, Al might forget that you were even supposed to go."

"Al?" I asked with obvious confusion written on my face and voice. "Oh that's the centre owner's name the old man, Albert."

"Man that is an old man name, anyway better get going don't want to keep Al waiting" They both laughed at that and I made my towards the door and out of the room. "See you later Tommy" was the last thing I heard before making my way to the office room that I had been greeted in yesterday.