"Can you guys feel that?"

Jeongyeon nods. "Yeah, It's like there's a negative energy here."

So I'm not the only one who can feel it. For a moment, I thought that I had acquired some special ability. That would've been cool.

I walk towards the stage. Even the blood of the man who died at the stage yesterday is now gone. I should be grateful about it, but I can't stop myself from thinking about how mysterious the one who did that was.

What if, they were the also one who drove the school bus? The one who chases us? Also, I have a bad feeling about this. I can sense that something bad is about to happen.

We're now in front of the kitchen door. We all suddenly stopped walking. We're scared and hesitating to go inside. What if there's another monster dog lurking in the darkness? I don't think I can pull off what I did again. That was tough luck. Cool and badass, yes, but only tough luck.

"Okay, here we go," I mumbled to myself before pushing the door open. Darkness, cold and terrifying, greets us with the loud banging of the door on the wall. I get my cellphone and open the flashlight.

Like the dance floor, the kitchen area is clean and spotless. Those broken utensils were also gone. Even the corpse of the dog is gone. The smell of the acrid disinfectant is all over the place, making me wrinkle my nose.

I shine my flashlight ahead, and I see a plain, wooden door at the end of the kitchen area. We hadn't noticed it yesterday because we were too busy thinking of ways to escape the rabid dog.

"Are we going inside?" Sana asks. Her voice was full of doubt.

I didn't answer her and just continued walking until I reached the door. This must lead to the owner's office. Maybe we see something here, and maybe we get a clue or something that can help us know what's happening right now.

As I was about to open the door, we suddenly heard a loud bang.

We all look at each other. "What the hell was that?" Nayeon whispers.

"I don't know," Jihyo answers. "It came from outside the kitchen."

We all look toward the kitchen's door. Bloody hell, is there another monster dog out there? I hope not. Oh God, please just let it be a rabbit, rat, or something smaller. I don't think we can survive another rabid dog.

I swallow, willing myself to feel braver. Then I turn towards at Jihyo. "Are you sure?"

She nodded. "Positive."

"Then let's go and check it."

"Are you shitting me?" Dahyun asks incredulously. "What if that is a monster again? I don't want to face another abomination again."

I feel my temper beginning to rise again. Ugh, why does she have to be so fucking scared? I mean, we all are, but she's ten times more scared than all of us.

"Look, you can stay here if you want. I don't give a damn," I tell her. "I'm going to check what's outside that fucking door, and there's nothing you can do about it." I glare at her, then I quickly walk towards the door.

I hear Tzuyu say, "Be brave enough, dude," before she goes to follow me.

I stopped my feet in front of the door.

"So? Are we going to go out or not?" Tzuyu asks, her eyebrows raised.

"Wait," I say.

I lean my ears against the door. At first, there's nothing but silence. Then--something echoes. It sounds like a footstep.

A human footstep.

They must've noticed my expression, because Nayeon asks me," What is it?" I didn't answer her. I didn't move any muscles and continued to listen.

The first step, followed by another

Then another

And, again.

I start to count, and it stops at fifteen.

Silence.

"Y/n?" Mina calls.

I hold my breath, waiting for another footstep. It was too late when I realized that the thing making those footsteps had already arrived.

The door opens with a bang. Because of being shocked, and my mind suddenly went blank. I punch the person who open the door. My fist connected with something and I hear a loud thud.

"Oh my gosh!" Nayeon exclaims.

I look at the thing that's lying on the floor. My eyes went wide as I saw it.

It is..

A girl.