Act Three: Pasts: Part One

Start from the beginning

"Rin stop!" I exclaimed. He jumped at me, but i ducked and kicked upwards, sending him flying through the air and into another wall. He got up to attack again, but i was ready to burst into flames. Before either of us could move, however, Shura ran up and preformed some sort of chant. Suddenly it felt like my tail was on fire. Both me and Rin shouted in pain and fell over, rolling on the ground, the pain hurting so much it was unbearable. Soon Rin's yells stopped and he fell silent; i guessed he passed out. The pain faded and i gasped for breath, my lungs heaving. Shura stood over me.

"I told you not to do anything that got you caught." She said. I just stared at her, trying to catch my breath.

"It's a good thing i was here before you wrecked everything." She said. She hoisted me to my feet, but i had to lean against her because i felt dizy. Before i knew it i was opening my eyes to stare at a tan ceiling. I blinked once and looked around.

"Oh good, you're awake!" I sat up and saw Shiemi sitting next to the door.

"Where's Rin?" I asked. She frowned.

"I don't know. Shura brought you here because you passed out. She didn't say why."

"I need to know where Rin is." I stood up.

"You can't. The exorcists told us to stay put right now."

"You don't understand, i need to find Rin."

"I know, but the exorcists said-"

"Screw them." I went to the door and swung it open. The main lobby was empty besides Bon, Konekomaru, Kamiki and Shima. Everyone else seemed to be in seperate rooms or just gone.

"What are you doing up already?" Kamiki asked me. I ignored her and stomped to the front doors and went to open them. They were locked.

"Why are the doors locked?"

"Because they are." Kamiki snorted.

"I am in no mood to play around, where's Rin?"

"After his episode Shura took him somewhere." Bon said.

"What i wanna know is how did you suddenly become strong enough to kick him into a wall?" Shiemi came up behind me, catching her breath after running after me. Everyone else stared at me, expecting.

"He... wasn't that heavy." I lied. They still stared at me, refusing to believe me.

"Rin is 180 pounds. That isn't possible for someone like you." Bon said, raising an eyebrow. I felt myself begining to get stuck in a corner. I went to open the door again but it wouldn't budge.

"Well i guess I just... uh..." I couldn't think of anything.

"I lift weights?"

"Stop lying!" Shiemi shouted. I turned to her, surprised.

"You shouldn't lie to your friends! We're here for you!"

"Like you were there for Rin when he told you he was a demon? I can't trust you not to treat me like that."

"We never abandoned Rin." Shiemi said.

"We never did, and never would." Everyone else except for Konekomaru nodded. I bit my lip.

"Well..."

"Everyone." Shura suddenly appeared, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I leave you alone for ten minutes and you're about to ruin everything." She whispered.

"I'm not ruining anything. I'm telling the truth." I shook her hand off.

"If you tell people, i won't tell you what i found out about your father." She said, even quieter. I blinked.