Red Velvet gives you a hand

Start from the beginning

His disconnected arm fell to the floor with a thud and you both just stood there staring at it, your mouth still hanging open. "W-WHAT?" You yelled as your hand flew to cover your mouth, still frozen from the shock of accidentally dismembering the man in front of you. You were breathing in shallow gasps and your mind went blank.

"I can explain-" he began, as you tried to take in everything you were seeing. 'He's taking this extremely well' you briefly though to yourself as you watched him bend down to pick up the arm from the floor between you, with a very neutral expression.

Upon closer inspection of the arm, there were no blood and bones in sight, just a white almost porcelain looking band around the end that should have been attached to his shoulder. 'ah...' You slowly came to the realization that this wasn't his real arm, and you let out a sigh of relief, clutching your hand to your heart which was still racing with the adrenaline. You flinched as Red Velvet threw the arm onto the bed, before motioning for you to sit down.

"Im- I'm so sorry oh my god I can't believe I just pulled your arm off in your own room I didn't know- did that hurt? What's going on-" you flopped down onto the bed as you began to ramble incoherently.

"I said I would explain just- stop talking" Red Velvet put a finger to your lips to stop you firing off any more questions. He sighed, sounding a little exasperated as his eyebrows furrowed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but I have a prosthetic arm..." He trailed off and both your eyes flicked over to the arm in question, which was sat beside you on the bed.

Despite everything you snorted "obviously...." You said, heart finally beating at a normal pace

Red velvet clamped his remaining hand over his mouth to contain his own snort, however it was futile as a few seconds later both of you burst into uncontrollable laughter.

The relief from not having ripped off your friend's arm was making you giddy and you managed to splutter out through your giggles "Sorry I - I thought I ripped off your arm- oh my god- I'm so sorry"

Red Velvet was wiping away the tears from his eyes as he was literally crying from laughter in a heap on the bed. "Y-your face" he managed to wheeze out before erupting into another laughing fit as he remembered you speedrunning the 5 stages of grief with his arm clutched in your hand.

It took a few minutes but you finally both calmed down enough for words.
You took a deep breath and wiped the tears away from your eyes, before clapping your hands together.
"Right, okay. First question did that hurt and if it did I'm so sorry."

Red Velvet fanned himself to cool off and glanced back over to the arm that was politely sitting there. "No it didn't hurt. And before you ask, Chiffon got hungry and bit my arm off a few years ago." He stated matter of factly and the little white dog poked his head around the corner of the desk at the sound of his name.

You gasped dramatically and pointed accusingly at the dog, who wagged his tail lazily from in his bed across the room. "Chiffon! How could you!" You exclaimed, before lowering your hand.
"Okay no I don't believe it, Chiffon is innocent." You accused Red Velvet before crossing your arms expectantly.

He barely managed to suppress a smile before he feigned a sigh. "Okay fine you got me, I was actually born like this." He looked a little unsure as he said it, as if this wasn't something he usually told people.
"Anyway I've answered two questions now, isn't it your turn y/n?" He raised his eyebrows at you.

You nodded. "Ask away." you answered with your arms still crossed. "And I'm glad I didn't hurt you." You said, looking down at the floor, still feeling a little guilty.

"Okay, hmmm" Red Velvet put his hand to his chin and thought for a second, before evidently thinking of a question.
"Why were you muttering to yourself on the floor of the hot topic when we first met." He asked you curiously.