Chapter 10 - An Invasion From Outer Space - Part 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh..." Keira breathed, squeezing her eyes shut. "Yeah, I did. Bollocks. What am I gonna shoot with now?" She smacked herself hard on her forehead, greatly annoyed with herself. Why couldn't she just keep track of her things? She was too preoccupied with stuffing her belongings back in the locker to notice Natasha's smirk.

"With your bow, of course." The redhead said simply, holding it out for Keira to grab.

The blonde turned around, having just closed the locker with great difficulty as the rubble inside threatened to fall out if she opened it again. "Wha- How do you have this?" She questioned, her mouth slightly open in surprise. Keira was too stunned to move, but Natasha stuffed the bow into her open hands without another word. And as if her bow wasn't enough, Natasha also pulled out not only her quiver but her sword as well out of thin air.

"Somebody gotta clean up after you." Natasha said, chuckling at the lost look on Keira's face. "Especially since you're so bad at doing it yourself."

Keira's eyes widened in surprise as she took both the quiver and the blade from the redhead. "You're amazing, you know that right?" The fact that Natasha had taken the time to recover her weapons from the jet was something she appreciated deeply. It may not look as much, but it meant the world to her.

Natasha's smirk grew bigger, and she shrugged. "Well, yes. I am pretty amazing. I don't mind hearing it more often though." She teased, nudging the blonde on the shoulder.

"Noted, darling." Keira chortled, overjoyed at being reunited with her weapons. "Shall we go then?" She added, twirling the bow around in her hand.

Natasha eyed her up and down with a raised eyebrow. "Looking like that? I mean, I'm all for giving the boys a show, and maybe even a heart attack, but I think they might be a bit too distracted by the fact that you're half-naked." She stated, smirking.

Keira's eyebrows knotted together in confusion, but upon looking down at her own body, she saw that, sure enough, she was indeed standing in just her underwear. "Oh." She said stupidly, feeling the warmth flooding her cheeks and neck. She hadn't even realized that she had forgotten to put new clothes on.

Natasha was one of the few people to which she was comfortable showing her body, as the spy had plenty of scars of her own. So, the redhead never batted an eye where others would. And getting her weapons back had distracted her greatly.

But to not keep Natasha waiting, she quickly put on the fresh clothes. Luckily, she had taken those out before stuffing everything back into the locker. At least some part of her brain seemed to have been working at that moment, even if it had forgotten the vital part of actually changing her clothes. "Okay, now I'm ready." She announced just as she finished securing the quiver over her shoulder, making sure it wouldn't slip sideways during the battle.

"Finally." Natasha rolled her eyes in amusement and pushed the door open with her shoulder, holding it open for the blonde so they could meet up with Clint.

While nobody attempted to stop them as they headed out, Keira couldn't shake the feeling that this mission wasn't authorized but rather something the Captain had come up with. And that was a surprising thought on its own.

Considering how he had been a soldier in the beginning, made to follow orders, he was now the one leading the pack. He was the one in control now, even if Stark might have a hand in the plan as well. Could the two men have worked out some sort of truce?

When they boarded the Quinjet, a SHIELD technician stood up from his place next to a computer. It seemed like he had been fixing some of the electronics, as he retracted his hand from under the keyboard.

"Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here."

Keira couldn't help but admire his nerve, even though she didn't appreciate the interruption. How he even managed to gather the courage to contradict the four of them in the first place, was a mystery to her.