Chapter 3 ~ It's a Long Story

Start from the beginning

"Наташа? Это действительно ты? (Natasha? Is that really you?)" Melina asked. She seemed more comfortable with switching to her native language to talk about this in front of the others.

"Конечно, это является. (Of course it is)" Natasha replied.

Melina raised an eyebrow, "....вы умерли. (You died)"

"Видимо, не так много, как вы все думали, что у меня было. (Apparently not as much as you all thought I had)"

Yelena rolled her eyes again. Leave it to her older sister to make something so serious into a joke.

"Наши девочки вернулись, Мелина. Наша семья снова вместе. (Our girls are back, Melina. Our family is together again)" Alexei added, pulling the two girls into a hug.

Yelena wrinkled her nose, "Ты все еще пахнешь. (You still smell)"

Once they were all released from the hug, Natasha gestured to Clint, Wanda, and Lila, "Guys, this is my partner Clint, my Avenger friend Wanda, and Clint's kid Lila."

"Hello," one of the widows said, her long dark brown hair flowed down her shoulders and her slate gray eyes were bright as she talked, "I'm Tatyanna."

Another widow waved happily, her strawberry blonde hair pulled up in a relaxed ponytail and her vivid blue eyes welcoming.

"This is Anna, she's deaf, but can read lips just fine," a Widow, who Yelena remembered quite well, said, "I'm Sonia."

Yelena remembered Anna quite clearly as well. She was still young, and now refused to follow any of the rules that the Red Room set for her. The Red Room had taught her how to speak when she was younger, and forced her to do so, so now she was a chosen mute.

Rima rolled her eyes at the others' quietness, "I'm Rima," she said, smiling. Yelena frowned a little, her smile wasn't as bright as she remembered and her eyes were a little red... had she been crying before?

"The rest of the group here are Evelyn, Adira, Vaani, and Ella," Rima continued, gesturing to them in turn.

Evelyn had round hazel eyes and chestnut curly hair that reached her shoulder blades. She wore glasses, which was something you didn't see much in the Red Room, and had freckles dotting her cheeks and nose. Yelena remembered her to be sort of aloof around her, but more comfortable around the others, which led Yelena to believe that she did something to offend the young Widow.

What haven't you done?

Adira was the second youngest Widow in the batch with small bright blue eyes and wavy auburn hair that's more brown than red. Yelena didn't know much about her, only that she was practically siblings with Rima and Vikki.

...where is Vikki?

Ella had blonde hair and almond shaped green eyes. Yelena didn't know her that well, but remembered that she was quite shy, which could also be seen by the way she sort of gravitated toward the back of the group of widows.

Vaani. Yelena remembered her. They used to train together back when Yelena was on the farm. She had black straight hair and dark eyes. Yelena remembered her to be one of the Widows who was more affected by the Red Room. Yelena didn't know what happened to her exactly, and wasn't planning to ask and make her relive that.

"Hello! I'm Lila! Though Auntie Tasha already told you that!" Lila grinned, "I have so many aunts!" Lila whispered energetically.

Evelyn raised an eyebrow. "What does that have to do with us?"