Ch 1: Bad Weather (edit)

Começar do início

Red Son huffs amusingly, bringing his head away from his hand. "Bring it on, Noodle Boy," He says with a sharp tooth grin.

MK coolly points the staff at him, thrusting his arms back to prepare for the launch. "Just you wait, Red Son, you're going to be next on the list to get hit by my staff-" In one go, the staff slips out of his fingers, flipping rapidly around the air and dropping down on the ground behind the young hero.

MK, becoming slightly embarrassed by his action, was about to pick the staff back up when it launched itself on his back on the hilt. He heard himself give a shocking cry. The feeling of being thrown out of the broken window unexpectedly by his weapon was unpleasant.

Everyone stood frozen on their spot, watching MK get dragged out of the window by his weapon. (Y/N) sweatdropped, unsure whether to save MK or stay back and aid the others. 

Red Son snapped his fingers for his Bull Clones, closing them in completely. "I guess the garbage takes itself out," He stood up and smirked, (Y/N) standing protectively in front of her friends, narrowing her eyes at the Bull Demon prince.

Red Son flicks out a tiny flame in his palm. "Time to start the real battle!"

(Y/N) has her answer.

"WAAAA!" The young hero lets out a wailing scream

MK landed on the empty streets, creating a large crater in the middle of the road. The sound of car alarms blared around him, the sound of broken street lights falling to the ground. His face was planted on the ground, groaning weakly as he slowly brought his head, blinking in a daze. "... Ugh. Man, that hurts.." He moans in pain.

A figure approached the crater, looking down at MK with folded arms. "Hey! How are you doing there, bud? Thought you were busy fighting off the enemies," They said.

MK got taken by surprise to see the gold simian in Megapolis city. He surely thought Monkey King would stay on his island rather than be in the city. The sight of Monkey King on his nimbus, calmly lounging around, not even concerned about the Demon Bull family, is weird.

Shaking the thoughts away, MK pushed himself to his knees, wincing at his injured knees and hands. "Monkey King!" The boy sighs in relief, shakily getting up to his feet. "Great! Now that you're here, we can go fly up to the tower and defeat Red Son-"

"Nope. Nada!" Monkey King rested his head behind his arms, and a stack of fruits sat beside him on his nimbus. "In case you forgot, I retired. On the other hand, you are supposed to be doing hero work in the city," He picked up a peach from the stack, taking a large bite to savor the taste.

"And didn't you say you're invincible?" He gulps down the peach.

"Well, uh.." MK sheepishly looks away, twiddling his fingers. "I mean. I am invincible, but you know how it is. Trying to do something good and messing it up the next," He explained to the sage, doubting his skills as the new hero. It may take time to get used to the staff, but was it even for him? Was there a misunderstanding?