Chapter 10. Lethal Lacrosse Player

Start from the beginning

Kira rose an eyebrow in confusion, "Who's Matt?"

"An evil mastermind who controlled Jackson while he was in Kanima form and ordered him to kill the 2006 swim team." Stiles explained with an aggravated look plastered on his face. The amount of hatred he still has for Matt is ridiculous. I think most of the aggravation stems from the fact that nobody believed he was actually evil.

Scott held his hands up to silence the conversation, "Enough about Matt and Garret. Kasey, unless you have solid proof that it's him, we can't just assume it's him because you don't like him."

"What if I tell you it's him because I have an Admonere feeling?" I asked slowly.

 He quirked a brow, "Is it?"

"Well, not exactly but kind of in a weird and possibly coincidental way." I sighed in exasperation. 

I know something is up with Garret because, well because I just know. And I know that if we don't do something about this feeling then Garret is going to kill someone else just like Matt did and the whole point of trying to figure out who is killing people is so that we can protect people and how are we supposed to protect people if we don't do anything to the person that could possibly be killing them?

"We can't go on that, and we can't try to get the game canceled because that's the best way to catch him red-handed." Scott stated.

It was true, if we let the game ensue then the assassin will definitely take a strike tonight and hopefully we would be able to see him do it. I would that we would. If not, then one of us is going to bite it tonight. 

"But, what if he's red-handed because his hands are covered in the blood of the person that he just stabbed to death? Which by the way could be any of you three." Stiles said as he gestured between Scott, Kira and myself. For once, Stiles was actually safe because he wasn't a supernatural creature. 

My eyes widened, "Or baby Liam."

"Kasey's right," my brother sighed, "we don't have the whole list and he could be on it."

Stiles nodded, "Yeah and you know what, Scott, we know nothing about that list. How it's made, how it's updated. I mean, who's been out taking a supernatural census anyway?"

"How do they even know about me?" Kira asked quietly. 

I groaned, "Whoever they are, they know about everyone."

"I think Kira's right, I think we should stop the game." Stiles sighed in desperation. I understand why he's nervous, hell we should all be nervous. There are professional killers around here trying to kill us for money. And a lot of it. 

Scott shrugged, "I'm not afraid."

"Neither am I." Kira added.

I snorted, "Well I'm terrified. I'm worth the most on that damn thing, and I'm not all that comfortable having all of us in a small congested and crowded area where they could get a two-for-one deal on Scott and I and then add Kira on as a side dish." 

"Thank you," Stiles snapped in exasperation, "guys these are professional killers. It's their profession! One of them has a thermo-cut wire that takes heads off. Who knows what else they could have?"

▴▵▴

"Liam! Hey, Liam stop!"

I was minding my own business, walking beneath the pavilion as I headed over to Scott and Stiles, when I heard the name of the newest werewolf in Beacon Hills being shouted behind me. As I spun around to investigate I was nearly knocked over by said werewolf. He was charging straight towards a school bus which Lacrosse players were getting off of. Mason was standing frozen in place as he watched his best friend in shock.