"i don't know, because it'll be my first time in a mercedes properly. like i've done the sim and all, but never driven it in real life" worry began to set in, but she brushed it off. it shouldn't be much different, probably just faster.

"you'll be fine, you're a great driver - " lewis began, before getting cut off by the waiter bringing their food to the table.

"i have a ceaser salad with chicken" elara raised her hand, taking the salad from the waiter. "and a club sandwich" which was then set down in front of lewis.

"continue please," she said with a bit of sarcasm.

"no, because it'll boost your ego far too much. we'll just see what happens" he finished. the girl let out a sigh before they dug into their food. after they had finished eating and paid, the two headed out of the bistro and began the walk down to elara's house. "so i'll see you soon, right lara?"

"yes, i think i'll be heading down to the office soon, and if not i'll see you at the airport" the girl responded, before waving goodbye to lewis and milo.

++

it had been a couple of weeks since she saw lewis, well outside of work. mercedes had the two of them come down to the office quite often before they flew out to bahrain. which was today, and why elara was heading to the airport where leah was. the soft tunes of her playlist could be heard from her car, milo had his head out the window, smelling the lovely united kingdom breeze. pulling up to the parking lot, she let leah know where she was. and soon enough the blonde was heading over to where she was. her own duffel bag on her arm, and sure enough she was reaching into elara's trunk grabbing her bags.

"el, you are almost late!" leah exclaimed, closing the trunk of her car. elara reached for milo who looked like he was gonna take off, then helped leah grab her bags before heading towards the doors.

"relax leah, i made it with plenty to spare!" elara replied, looking at her watch.

leah huffed, now speed walking towards security and then towards the gate. elara ran after her, locking her car and double-checking that she had everything for the two weeks in bahrain. finally making it to the gate, and passed security who questioned milo. boarding the plane, she found her way to first class and helped milo settle in.

"was beginning to wonder where you were," lewis said, finding his seat soon after elara sat down. the brunette turned her head to give lewis a sarcastic smile.

"very funny, i made it in time" she responded.

"you almost gave leah a heart attack, wondering where you were," he told the girl, closing the upper bin before taking a seat.

"okay, i'll make sure next time to leave earlier. also, do you know who else is on this flight?" she asked lewis.

"pretty sure most of the brits, maybe some others. i know toto was on an earlier flight because he wants to see everything come in and all this other stuff" lewis responded. elara nodded her head, before taking out her laptop to do something. leah was sitting behind her, almost asleep, same with lewis. right as she began to close her eyes and try to fall asleep a voice rang through her ears. a very recognizable voice.

"hey i gotta get past lara," lando said. she opened her eyes to see lando norris, standing in the aisle. grumbling that he ruined her sleep, lewis saying that she wasn't even asleep, she got up. "you seem excited to see me"

"very. stoked to sit next to you for 6 hours on a plane" she responded. yet there was a slight smile on her lips. just because she hasn't seen the boy in a while, and a while meaning the last race in december.