Chapter 10

When I woke up on Sunday morning I almost felt as if I had forgotten about everything that that happened. The memories of the previous nights were still swimming in my head causing me to sigh loudly and lay my head back down on my pillow. I didn't want to get up. I just wanted to sleep forever. It took another 20 minutes to convince myself that I needed to get up and go to breakfast. I got out of bed and put on my uniform not bothering with my long robe today as it was a little warmer outside. I tied the tie and grabbed my bag walking down the stairs into the common room.

I walked into the the main part and the people that had finished breakfast cheered for me.

What was I? Something that they could just cheer and clap for because my name got pulled out of some stupid cup?

I made my way to the Great Hall and I felt disgusted in myself. I was in the tri-wizard tournament and I was underaged. I walked in and saw Fred, George, and Lee. I walked to them and took my usual spot with them. I looked at the food in front of me and felt too sick to even place food on my plate.

They all three looked at me and George was the first to speak, Fred just looked away, "How are you feeling Champion?"

"I feel like a looser George. I didn't want this. I didn't want my name in the goblet." I laid my head down and felt tears swell up in my eyes.

"Yeah?" Fred asked as George rubbed my back, "Well guess what Fin. It happened. Your name was somehow put in the Goblet and now you are apart of this. There is nothing you can say or do to stop it, so you need to get over it and move on."

The tears starting pouring after this. Fred stood, then Lee, and reluctantly George followed him leaving me alone at the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. I sniffled and tried to hold back each tear. Not wanting them to fall.

I managed to get myself together before I had to go to potions first period. I stood up and opened my bag getting my potions book out and walking towards the dungeons.

I watched the dark brick walls pass me as I came to the wooden door that blocked the potions room. I opened it up and walked inside looking at Snape. I was the first person in. He didn't look at me or speak. I know he knew that I had entered the room though.

I took my usual seat where Fred would sit with me, but today when he came into classes he sat with Angelina Johnson. George sat with Lee and none of them looked at me. I felt quite alone at this point.

I couldn't focus enough to actually do my work so I began to scribble out a letter to my parents.

Dear Mum and Dad,

I know I haven't had a chance to write you a lot so far this year. And I swear I will get better about that. I was chosen for the Tri-Wizard tournament. I'm sure you know what that is, but I'm up against a girl from Beauxbatons, a boy from Durmstrang, and two boys from my school. I didn't want this though. I tried to convince Fred and George to keep from doing it, but I only managed to make them upset at me. I'm currently sitting in potions writing this because I can't focus and neither of the twins will even look at me and it hurts a bit, I'm not going to lie. I suppose there is nothing I can do about though. I love you and I will hopefully see you soon.

Love,

Finley

The end of potions finally came and I made my way towards the Arithmancy class I was taking. Fred and George once again wouldn't speak to me, but George did wave at me a little in the hallway. I sighed heavily and took my seat in my next class when I got their opening my notebook from Fred.

"Fred.. Please don't ignore me. I didn't put my name in the goblet!"

I waited for a bit and right below my writing was Freds, "Sure you didn't.. I just can't believe you didn't tell me."

"FRED I didn't put my name in the goblet!Please believe me! I don't want this!"

"Fin, just do yourself a favour and prepare yourself for the next few months. Quit worrying about us."

"I'm scared Fred! I can't do this on my own!"

I never recieved a reply and I finally felt like I was on my own. It was scary.

I continued my day and when Arithmancy, my last class of the day, was finally over I felt happy. I could go back to my dorm and sleep it off, for tomorrow I would be visiting Hogsmead with Fre- Oh, wait. No I wouldn't be.

I walked towards the common room and felt my head still pounding. This was the worst I had ever felt in a long time. I was already done with the school year. Harry was standing by the common room and he had the same look on his face that I believed I had.

"Harry.. Are you okay?" I walked up to him and he blinked a few times making eye contact with me.

"I feel horrible Fin.. No one will talk to me now. Fred and george have talked to me but that's it."

I felt my heart drop to the ground, "They talked to you? Fred Told me to stop worrying about them last night and he hasn't answered me since then. I don't know what to do."

"It will be okay." he said and wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a tight hug. It was the first one I had since Fred had hugged me and it felt really great. I let my head rest on his shoulder and I sighed heavily, "Maybe this will be for the best." He said and rubbed my back.

"Maybe.."

VOTE PLEASE

COMMENT

FOLLOW