9

Chae-wons POV;

Rain started to pour down onto the roof. It feels like it's been forever since it's rained.

Usually people hated the rain, but after not having it for a while it was nice.

"It's raining!" Dae-su cheered as him and Wujin lay on the ground to enjoy the rain.

I was standing next to Gyeong-su as this happened. "This feels nice." He said.

"It's so refreshing." I pointed my head towards the sky and opened my mouth. We haven't had water in a long time but this would probably do.

Suddenly, Gyeong-su fell to the ground and groaned in pain. "Fuck!"

I kneeled down next to him. "Gyeong-su? What's wrong?" I asked.

"The fucking thunder is loud." He covered his ears as the lighting struck, the thunder following right after.

I put my hands over his to try and protect his ears from the noise. "It will be over soon."

That's when Cheongsan had an idea. He explained to Joon-yeong that if we snuck past the zombies when the thunder struck then they wouldn't hear us.

"I think that will work." I said as I looked up to the two boys. "We can't stay here forever."

Joon-yeong looked hesitant but soon agreed. "We have to go now."

We all gathered under a roof to try and dry off from the rain. I was still beside Gyeong-su in case the thunder hurt his ears again.

"We'll move in pairs. It will be safer-" Cheongsan was interrupted when there was a loud bang on the door.

"What the hell?" Gyeong-su looked around at everyone.

Cheongsan went near the door but was soon stopped by On-jo. "What if it's Gwi-nam?"

"It's not." Namra said. "It's not his scent."

"Help! Please!" The voice yelled from outside the doors. "They're gonna get me!"

Cheongsan went over to the door. "Who is this?" He asked.

"My name is Hyun-woo. Please let me in!" That name, I knew who that was.

"Let him in." I stood up. "I know who that is."

Cheongsan unlocked the door and opened it. Hyun-woo ran out as Cheongsan shut and locked the door.

Hyun-woo looked at me and smiled. "Chae-won?"

"Hyun-woo.. I thought you had a competition the other day." I brought him over to the others and sat down again.

"We did but I had to look for my sister." He explained.

Hyun-woo was apart of the archery team. He had a competition the morning before all of this happened.

"Are you on the archery team? If so, do you know where Jang Hari is?" Wujin asked the boy.

"I was with her before but I lost them. We were surrounded and then we were separated." Hyun-woo explained.

"So.. she's alive?" Wujins face lit up as the boy nodded.