Chapter one- New life

"I'll miss you", Bre said. "I'll miss you too", I said as I pulled her in for a big bear hug.

Today was the day I'd die a little on the inside. I was leaving my life behind. As I was hugging Bre I saw my parents inside the house arguing, probably about me again. I hated them for doing this to me. I already heard them arguing over who had to drive me to the airport.

"Call me like, every day and update me about the cute Californian boys", she winked and giggled.

" I don't think they'd be interested in a lesbian Bre", I stated and crossed my arms.

"You'll be surprised on how many guys like lesbians", she said really close to my face then she chuckled.

Like on cue my dad walked out of the house. "Well I guess that's my cue that were leaving", I said pulling her in for one last hug. "Bye, call me as soon as you get there", she yelled as we drove away.

*********

The whole car ride was silent and awkward.

When we got to the airport my dad handed me the plane ticket and hugged me goodbye.

"You know we're only doing this for your own good", my father stated. "Okay whatever bye", I rolled my eyes. "Your mother wanted me to give this to you, she said it would have been to painful to say it to you in person", he said.

"Okay ill read it on the plane, or ill be late", I said.

I started to walk away until I felt a tug on my wrist as my dad pulled me in for one last hug. "I love you sweetheart", he said choking back tears.

"I love you too dad but I have to go now, they're calling in my flight", I stated. "Okay bye, make friends", he waved me off but I didn't look back.

"New life, here I come, even if you don't want me, you got me", I said to myself.

I looked out the window of the airport and saw a weird old hobo in a blue shirt dancing around being really creepy... I laughed to myself. Atleast he's enjoying himself.
*****
"Thanks", I said to the lady who helped me with my bag.

I found my seat and the seat next to me was empty. That's when I realized I was exhausted. I hadn't slept last night because I was packing. When using sat down, I realized it was time for a nap. When I was drifting into a deep sleep, I realized I had a pillow, and it made my sleep oh so more comfortable..I hope my new life is better than the one I just got out of, I thought as I drifted off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------