Chapter 28: A Step Closer to Reality

So why exactly is this guy here?

I was pessimistic at the thought.

Even Shizu-san who vouched for this guy in front of me was dubious about it.

Meanwhile, this guy (Diablo) was grinning merrily which is out of character for him.

"So, why are you here?"

I asked him. While the contents of their battle were unbeknownst to us one thing is for sure. Shizu-san was able to beat Diablo... how though. I cannot even begin to see a sight of this guy losing to anyone.

"Oh, excuse me. I came here with Lady Shizu's vouch for serving the Kingdom of Tempest from now on. Please let me be your lowest humble servant."

The question is whether all of it was true. As I look beside Shizu-san she gave out a lot of exhausted sighs. She didn't even make eye contact and just closed her eyes in one corner.

"But, for now... I don't really need you though. Can you go home for now?"

At my comment, Diablo gave a big shiver.

"G-g-go h-home...?"

He muttered sorrowful.

Too surprising on a demon of his ranking to cry. All of my subordinates are genuinely puzzled at Diablo who reported in as well. They are probably with me to stay wary of this guy, but now with this display. Diablo can be described as weird more than dangerous.

The Ogres looked at each other in bewilderment. 

One who is most puzzled in the room was Shizu-san.

"Well..."

Hey, Ranga did Shizu-san really beat this high-ranking-looking demon?

I whispered to Ranga who has a shadow connection with Shizu-san.

"I'm sorry my master but their battle was orchestrated carefully. Even my connection with Lady Shizu was hindered because of an anti-magic area they cast while fighting. But I was able to witness some of it. Lady Shizu was certainly gaining an edge before I was cut off."

I don't need this guy for now though. But, if he has the vouch of Shizu-san I guess we can accept him.

"Even as a demon, I find my heart damaged."

"Rimuru-san, on top of Black's battle prowess I guess he has some behind-the-scenes information that you need to hear. So, once again I'll vouch for him to be part of this kingdom."

Shizu-san once again has taken Diablo's side. But what alarming is what she said, behind-the-scenes information.

Hearing Shizu-san, the Black Devil let out a satisfied smirk.

"Kufufufu... my lord, that is indubitably veritable; the Archdemon lurking in the forest to which your wisdom has reached was indubitably me; however, I can assure my lord that the nuisance that is antagonizing my Lord Rimuru-sama was not me."

"Then Dia- I mean Black. Do you know anything?"

"Yes, I'm afraid this individual successfully bypassed the Dryads' watch, but unfortunately for them, I was observing the forest at the time. I believe he is an individual noteworthy of my Lord's watch. Certainly, Rimuru-sama can obliterate any enemy he faces, but this enemy can retaliate in my lord's kingdom instead. He is clad in white military attire, black hair, and I believe he came from the East. I believe even I would have a hard time dealing with him."

It is unusual for Diablo to say he would have a hard time dealing with someone.

"Wait that description... isn't that the Eastern Empire's first lieutenant Kondo."