The Survival Exam: Day 5 Part 1

Authors note: Everyone, please read this chapter!! It will be very important, so I don't want anyone to miss out!!!
My heart and soul has been put into this chapter, so if you're a demon I don't want my soul eaten!!! Anyways, enjoy and please don't forget to tell me if you liked this chapter or not. Thank you!

Allie's pov
I closed my eyes and allowed the wind the blow a nice and soft breeze in my face. A small smile crossed my face as I enjoyed the beautifully warm weather. Finally it was quiet and no one seemed to be around besides the animals that often flew over to me. I didn't finish my breakfast yet, which was two cookies and a cup of milk, so I allowed it to sit by me and wait for my appetite to grow.

Another soft breeze came, along with an beautiful tweet!

I opened my eyes, seeing a small blue bird come near my feet, looking up at me as if it was confused. "Tweet?" It seemed to say.

I smiled.

"Hello there, little guy," I said kindly, even though I knew it probably couldn't understand me.

Instead of loosening up, the bird just simply stared at me as if I was planning on killing it.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, even though I knew I wouldn't get a reply. I picked up the chocolate chipped cookie that I had and took a small but off of the cookie. After I did that, I placed the small cookie piece near the bird, causing it to jump back as my hand went over to it.

"It's alright," I stated. "Just eat it. I bet it won't be good if you starve yourself. Your family would be worried, right?"

Right.. family. I almost forgot their faces, even though only five days have passed. Five long days.

The bird, now seeing the food, jumped forward and began to eat the cookie.

"See? Now was that so hard??" I asked, but smiled at the same time. Finally... some peace.

I once again leaned against the tree and closed my eyes. My smile disappeared. Last night I didn't get much sleep.From what I could tell, neither did Gon or Killua. As for John, he couldn't even handle laying down in the tent. What happen yesterday was that cruel. I've tired to put it aside... but that wasn't an easy task.

As a gust of wind passed by my face, a small "snap!" came from what sounded like a stick. The bird immediately chirped the flew away. I opened my eyes, then looked at the direction it seemed to come from.

"John? What are you doing here?" I asked, then stopped leaning against the tree and looked at him.

He smiled, closing his green eyes as he smiled and allowed the wind to slowly sway his brown hair. He wore a long sleeved plaid blue shirt and long jeans, followed by a pair of black sneakers. "Sorry if I scared you," he apologized innocently.

I looked away from him for a minute. "I-I wasn't scared."

Still smiling, he replied. "Ah, right, I forgot. Allie doesn't get scared, right?"

It took me a minute to reply.

"That's right."

There went by another minute of silence.

"Would you mind if I joined you?" He asked, breaking the silence.

I turned and looked back at him. His smile was now gone, but he still kept a happy look on his face. I stared for a minute, trying to figure up wether that happy look was real or fake.

"Allie?" He asked, snapping me out of my curiousness.

I slightly blushed, knowing that he just noticed me staring at his face. "Yeah, whatever."