Lingering Thoughts

Start from the beginning

" Right? I barely have any left with me. I can't wait for next month."

Nene said while pointing at Kayano with a fork.

" Yeah, we won this exam but the others classes are still out of our reach. What were our standings again?"

She was right, we still had a lot of ground to cover to reach other classes.

" Class A is at 1224, class B at 753, class C at 592 and class D at 369."

Mii chan answered Kayano's question and I decided to join in.

" They are ahead of us but I'm sure we can catch them if we keep this up."

I cheered them and continued eating.

" Well, as long as we have Ayanokouji leading us I don't think we need to worry too much."

The conversation automatically went towards the direction I intended it to go without having to do anything.

" Speaking of Ayanokouji kun, he is incredible isn't he?"

Mii chan continued on the topic of Kiyotaka.

" Yes yes, he is Kikyou chan's boyfriend afterall."

" Nene!"

I showed an embarrassed demeanor at her teasing. I've been acting like this for quite some time now. I've slowly made people around me think that I like Kiyotaka.

" Don't be so flustered Kikyou, everyone knows you both are dating."

Kayano joined in on this teasing game with Nene.

" But we aren't!"

There are disadvantages in doing this but the advantages it brings completely overshadows them.

" Those are just formalities Kikyou san. You both are dating in everyone's eyes even if you guys haven't confessed to each other yet."

Mii chan wasn't the teasing type but she was also enjoying this.

"How does that even make sense!"

I might be walking into a trap but it doesn't matter.

" You mean you don't plan to date him?"
Asked Nene.

" I- well..... I haven't really gotten a proper chance yet...."

I'm not stupid. I know Kiyotaka wants something from me, that's why he's keeping me close and not shutting down these rumors.

" Oh? So you are planning to confess?"

"Y- yeah."

But even if its a trap for me, I know I can't escape it. I know I can't win against him.

" What the hell are you waiting for then?!"

Kyano asked loudly.

"E-eh?!"

" Are you waiting for other girls to steal him from you?!"

"No! I'm just waiting for a proper chance!"

What I'm doing might be considered stupid, but have no other choice than this.

" What the hell kind of chance do you want? You are the one he has spent the most time with."

I might be walking straight towards his trap or I might have already fallen in it. But it doesn't matter, because I know, that if he wants me to fall into his trap I will eventually fall.

" She is right Kikyou chan, people have seen you both alone a lot. You should have confessed to him already."

" But, its embarrassing!"

So its better to reap whatever benefits I can from this situation.

" Kikyou san if you are going to get embarrassed, what are the rest of us gonna do?"

Said an embarrassed Mii chan, probably thinking about confessing to Hirata.

" Listen Kikyou, if we don't hear the news of your confession before leaving this ship, we are going to drag you to Ayanokouji, tell him about your feelings and then throw you into the ocean so you don't get to date him even if he agrees."

" Y-you are so cruel!"

Besides, I -

No, there was no place for such thoughts. At least not at this stage

" I'm won't take any excuses!"

" Mou!"

I continued my daily life with such thoughts lingering on my mind.

I hope everything ends well for the both of us Kiyotaka.

------

A/N

If anyone is still reading this fanfic, please tell me your thoughts on this chapter.

Has the writing quality decreased?

Hope you like it!