Mariana's Mad

"Please don't complain, your mama and I agreed, it was a good idea," Stef said, trying to reason with the kids.

"But what about Lou's parents, they let her drop out of the school you're the vice principal of, won't that be awkward?" Mariana proposed, looking toward Lena.

"I think I could make conversation about something else," Lena responded, sternly.

"Oh, please, all you do is talk about work," Mariana replied.

"Mariana Adams Foster, do not get snippy! The decision has been made," Stef stated, angrily.

The debate about having boyfriends, land girlfriends parents over for dinner, had been going on for fifteen minutes. Mariana was not on board. She and Mat had planned an extra-special date for that night, as it was their anniversary.

"What about Connor's dad? Doesn't he like hate Jude? Isn't he like homophobic or something?" Mariana continued her argument.

"Adam does not hate Jude," Lena stated.

"He's kind of made some progress, he's mostly okay with me and Connor," Jude interjected.

"Judicorn, don't you dare side against me. I taught you how to paint nails, I give you love advice, don't ruin it!" Mariana was getting passionate.

"Mariana, Jude is allowed to have an opinion," Stef said.

"Okay, so then Callie. Callie is the only single sibling, Won't she be the odd one out?" Was Mariana's next cause. Thus referring to Callie's absence of a boyfriend, and the fact that even though he was at an all-boys school, Jesus had managed to find a girlfriend in Colorado, someone named Lainie.

"I'm sure I can manage," Callie replied.

"Not you too! Somebody, please admit that I'm right,"cried Mariana.

"Sorry, M, but in this case, I think moms are right," Brandon said.

"So I'm all alone in my argument, great." Mariana sighed.

"Love, we don't understand why you're so upset about this. Usually you love dinners like this." Stef said, calmly.

"Not when I have plans."

"Can't you and Mat reschedule?" Lena asked.

"No, we can't. We planned this weeks ago." Mariana said, her voice sounding less mad, but still very passionate.

"Okay, so, people are coming here at six, what time is your date at?" Stef asked.

"Six."

At that moment, Mariana's phone buzzed. She got a text. It was from Mat.

Heard about your moms' dinner thing, suck that it conflicts. Why don't we just reschedule our date. So much easier than rushing around.

"What?" exclaimed Mariana, out loud.

"What is it?" Jude asked.

"Looks like I can come to the dinner party."