The First True Valentine's Day - A Jily Fan-Fiction

Prolog:

Valentines Day was only a few day away and James was determined to have Lily as his Valentine this year. It was his 7th year and time was running out, every year James tried to ask Lily out, but never had the courage to. This year was going to be different, he would make sure of it.

James:

James Potter was walking down the hall, with his best friends, the marauders. Sirius, was telling them a about his plan to prank the Slytherins. James wasn't paying much attention. He mind was on something else, Valentines day. It as a few days away and James needed to figure out how to make Lily Evans his. Every year he wanted to ask her out, but never had the courage. 'Maybe I could.... Nah...' he thought, 'or.... No way she would think I'm a fool...' he was so lost in this thoughts he didn't realized the four of them had stopped walking.

"So, what do you think Prongs?" Sirius asked.

"Wha- yeah, it's sounds like a great plan." James replied.

"Really?" Sirius asked raising an eyebrow, "So your fine with the part about setting Evans up on a blind date with Snivillus for Valentine's Day."

"WHAT?!" He said a little too loudly, gaining some looks from people passing by.

Sirius and Remus laughed, "Your so gullible, Prongs." Remus said.

"Shut up, Moony." James muttered.

"Wait. Why would we set Lily up with Severus. Shouldn't we be trying that with James?" Peter squeaked.

"Grow a brain, Wormtail." Sirius said, "We would never set Lily up with that lowlife."

"Yeah, we would set her up with an even lower lowlife." Remus joked, looking at James.

James elbowed Remus in the side and Peter got a look of embarrassment on his face that he got whenever he said something stupid.

Sirius rolled his eyes, "Anyway, my plan was that we surprise the Slytherins. Since Slughorn's having his dumb Valentine's Day party. I say we send them into the room of requirements, having them think that's where the party is in there and pelt them with dung bombs." he smiled, proud of his plan.

"That could work...." James agreed thinking it over, "A little old school but it could work..."

Sirius nodded. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it and looked at someone behind James. James turned around and to his surprise found Lily Evans along with her best friend, Marlene McKinnon standing behind him.

"Hi Sirius." Marlene said shyly.

"Hey Marlene." Sirius smirked.

James looked from Sirius to Marlene and rolled his eyes, Lily had done the same. "So, you doing anything for Valentine's Day?" she asked nervously tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Nothing, just plan to prank the Slytherins like every year." He smirked again.

That earned a giggle from Marlene. James saw Lily roll her eyes again before saying, "Come one Marlene. We need to go." Marlene and Lily looked at each other, then turn to leave.

"Bye Sirius." She said and waved.

Once they were out of hearing range Sirius said, "So, I saw you looking at Evans. Again. When are you finally going to ask her out? Huh Prongs?"

He smirked, "When you ask Marlene out." He countered.

"You know what James your right."

This confused James, he was just about to asked what he meant when Sirius took off after Lily and Marlene. James than took off running after him, but shortly after stopped in his tracks and his behind a pillar, not wanting to be seen.

"Hey Marlene! Lily!" he heard Sirius say.

"What do you want Black?" Lily said with some annoyance to her voice.

Marlene gave her a look of annoyance to match Lily's tone, the her look softened when she turned to Sirius. "Yes?"

"Are you doing anything for Valentine's Day?" he asked.

"Me?" She asked surprised, then blushed slightly, "No, not at all."

"Awesome." He said and smiled, "So how about, you, me, Lily, and James go on a double date?"

"James?" Lily said in shock, the she said, "No!" at the same time that Marlene said, "Yes!"

James saw Lily and Marlene glare at each other, like they were having some kind of telepathic conversation. Than Lily sighed, "Fine."

"Yes! Thank you!" Marlene said to her best friend, than turned back to Sirius, "So it's a date?" she asked.

"It's a date." Sirius agreed.

Once the two girl left again, Sirius walk over to James hiding behind the pillar, "Your welcome." was all he said before giving him a sneaky grin and walking away. James said nothing, he couldn't. He was going to spend Valentine's Day with the love of his life. He was doing to be with Lily Evans. This was going to be his first true Valentine's Day.