Why me?!

As I walk to my locker I see my one of my friends, well actually my only friend, Kiara." Hey adri!" She waved excitedly, walking towards me." Hey..." I said quietly.

Kiara knows that I'm being bullied because the same thing happens to her, but what surprises me it that she stays so optimistic throughout it all. While me I've become more of a glass half empty type of girl, because how can I be happy if the universe has done nothing but horrible things to me.

" Have you seen the new boy?" She questioned starstruck." Yes, but there's no point of getting excited people like him would never talk to me." I said blandly." And why is that?" She asked defensively." Have you seen me?" I asked motioning to myself. I'm not going to say I'm ugly, but I'm not pretty that's for sure. I was about a little below average." Yeah?" She said confused." I'm not like the girls here Kiara, they're all extremely gorgeous and I'm...not." I said slamming my locker closed." Thats a lie your prettier than most the girls here adri!" She said frustrated.

"You dont have to lie to me I know I'm not pretty." I said walking into class. Kiara let out an obnoxiously loud sigh as we sat down at our desks, and Mr. Jacobs began taking role." Im not lying what reason do I have to lie for?!" She whisper yelled." To spare my feelings, and be quiet before you get us caught." I whispered." Stop talking Adriana!" Mr. Jacobs yelled." Ok." I said irritatedly gazing at Kiara, as the door opened.

A slim tall figure appeared from behind the door and I realized it was the new boy." Mr. Alsina?" Mr. Jacobs questioned without looking at him."Yeah." He simply replied." Sit over there." Mr. Jacobs said pointing in my direction.

"What's up ma." He said smirking. I turned around to see if he was talking to me." I was talking to you." He said chuckling." Hi..." I said softly. I was surprised that he was even talking to me so I beyond nervous." Im August." He said reaching for my hand. I just looked at it. I wasn't trying to come off as rude, but I have to keep my guard up because every time I don't, I end up getting hurt." Ok then..." he said awkwardly laughing and scratching the back of his neck.

I focused back on the teacher trying to copy down my notes before, trying to make sure I didn't miss anything he said, until the new boy, I mean August tapped me." Do you have a pencil or a pen?" He asked with his hand still on my arm. I just stared at his hand and he moved it as quick as possible." How is it your first day at this school but you don't have supplies?!" I scoffed as the bell rang. "Great you made me miss the rest of the notes." I said throwing a pencil in his direction and stomping off as Kiara trailed behind me. But then Mr. Jacobs called me back.

" Ms. Johnson." He said loud enough for me to her it." Yes?" I asked." You will be escorting Mr. Alsina to the rest of his classes with you." He said motioning to August." Why do I have to do it!" I said with an attitude." Because the principal assigned you to do it and your the only one in my class that has all classes with him." He said looking up at me." But Mr...." I said until I was interrupted. "No buts Ms. Johnson!" He yelled shooing me off. I walked off as August tried to catch up.

Why me?!