Chapter 1

*Alarm rings*

How do I start the day feeling so bad my head hurts and right now it feels like I can't breathe and the damn alarm won't just go off. I try to stand up but end up feeling dizzy, but I stabilised after a good minute or two. I have to go shopping for some groceries I wore my usual shorts and a crop, got some water and a snack bar and passed by the weird store clerk that stares at me whenever I'm here (not gonna lie, he freaks me out).

Finally got out of the store, saw the creepy alley cat that's always digging through garbage but this time a man with a stern look on his face was there. He watched my every move, his piercing green eyes stared right into my soul. I could barely break contact.

After a while, I noticed that this very same man was following me, he moved faster as he saw the panic on my face. I started at a slow jog then it turned into running at full speed but he somehow managed to catch up with me and he knocked me down and pulled out a knife from his pocket he slashed my arm but I manage to push him off me but in the end got some cuts on my arms. I ran to a nearby hospital and the moment the nurses saw my condition they decided to take me to emergency care.

The doctor who came to treat me asked the nurses to leave then got out a knife from his pocket and tried to stab me, I managed to roll of the side of the bed and what he said next scared me more than I would like to admit. He said "Too bad your new to this, I usually don't kill patients but I'll make an exception for you. I only have 3 days left anyway so why not add another 7 days", I immediately ran to the door to get out but it was locked I looked behind me and the doctor was just watching me and he began to laugh at my futile efforts.

I saw fire extinguisher on the wall and I grabbed it and tossed it at him I had no idea it would hit him in the head, but it did and that made me feel calmer. The doctor just so happened to die from that knockout I go feel his pulse it was faint but it stopped.

Then it dawned on me that i had just taken the life of someone I didn't even know, without realising it i went over to my best friend's house because she would help me get through this situation.

________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Why do you think people are attacking Kate?

Will she be able to make it safely to her friend house or will she be attacked again on the way?

Please tell me what you think about the book. Hope you like it, don't be afraid to leave your thoughts on the book.