Within about one or two hundred metres, she was already neck and neck with Derek, but they were still too far behind the bomber. She breathed a long sigh of relief at the sight of the ambulance that tore past them as they sprinted down the streets of the city, blindly following the kid. The ambulance was definitely for Kate. She stood a chance after all.

But she was forced to push that thought aside, and focused purely on dodging the many potholes, and beer cans that littered the floor of the alleyway that she and Derek were currently running through. She let out a groan as she saw their Unsub start trotting down the stairs to the subway.

She pulled her torch from her belt and clicked it onto her gun and started down the stairs, Derek by her side.

There were people everywhere. Some were on the floor, and had clearly been pushed out of the way by the bomber. Over the P.A, was the repeated announcement for everyone to make their way to the streets, and to get out of the tunnels, which made it that much harder to push their way through the sea of oncoming civilians.

"Out of the way! Move it! Move!" Genevieve shouted in unison with Derek. The crowd did their best to give the two agents a berth, but it wasn't enough to keep the bomber in their sights.

"Where is he? Which way did he go?" Derek asked the onlookers, who all pointed them to a completely emptied out platform. They didn't waste any time thanking people, and ran in the direction in which they were told.

"Ah fuck," Genevieve gasped, starting to lose her breath, as they saw the abandoned train that stood eerily in the empty station. They heard heavy thumps towards the end of the train. They walked up to the shut doors of the train. Genevieve tried to give it a little jiggle, but they were closed pretty tightly.

"You bust them open, and I'll go in. Cover my six?" He suggested.

"Always," She smiled wryly, before sliding her baton out of its holder on her shin. She held it, before swinging the butt end of it at the centre of the doors. She heard them click slightly, and she gave herself a self-impressed smirk as she pulled the doors open. She saw Derek roll his eyes at her vanity, but quickly lost his joking demeanour as he stepped onto the train. She put her baton away, and clicked her torch on before following, sweeping her gun around the carriage. She turned so that her back was facing Derek's, and they had eyes on the whole train at all times.

And exactly like this, they made their way through all eight carriages of the subway train.

An eerie red glow filled the last carriage, as Derek opened the door, revealing the exposed train tracks, lit only by the red alarm lights that flashed lazily, illuminating the 'electrical hazard' signs that covered the tunnel walls.

"Watch your step," He whispered quietly, as she dismounted the train after him, and her heels caught between the tracks. She turned around, keeping her eyes straight ahead at all times, her torch lighting up the corners of the tunnel that Derek's didn't touch. "Show your face, you coward! You got nowhere to run!"

They both spun around at the loud clanging noise behind them, but it was just a couple of rats. Genevieve made a face, and turned around again as she and Derek took tentative steps farther into the tunnel.

"Stop hiding! There's two of us here. We know exactly what you're capable of. You don't have the upper hand," She called out.

"There's nothing down here for you!" Derek yelled.

"Is that really all you see? Huh? Darkness?" A smug voice echoed around them. Genevieve and Derek instantly waved around the tunnel, but the Unsub was too far away. All they could see was tunnel.

They both stiffened as they heard the light sound of footsteps ahead of them.

And there he was. Barefoot, and walking across the edge of the tracks like he was on a tightrope, his arms aloft, and his hands flailing dangerously close to the exposed wires that lined the walls. Within seconds, they had both of their guns trained on him, Genevieve's aimed squarely at his forehead, and Derek's at his chest.