20- Fall Asleep Again

Start from the beginning

My exact thought.

"And why do you suspect that...?" Aubrey asked, narrowing her eyes. Sunny gave her an almost intimidating look, "You want me to be brutally honest? I've been inside four years, I don't have too much of a filter..."

"Well, I do enjoy honesty..." She somewhat spat the words out.

I thought we were making a little progress on our broken friendship... this doesn't look like it...

But what did I really expect?

"Ok, ask and receive," Sunny started, pointing to each person as he revealed their hidden pain, "Aubrey, you live in a broken home, lacking one parent and the one who remains couldn't care less if you live or die, Basil, you have what happened with Mari, the absence of your parents, your grandmothers death, suicidal tendencies, and years worth of bullying building on your shoulders, Hero, you've done all you can to avoid anything that reminds you of Mari because you can't handle the memories, even thought you don't think you're doing it, and Kel, you never even had the time to grieve because you were too worried about everyone else to care about yourself, and now years of anger, sadness, and pain are somewhere buried inside you because when it all because too much, you knew you couldn't face it."

We all stood there, dumbfounded, as Sunny turned his finger to himself, "And I killed my sister, lost my father over it, haven't been able to function like a human since the incident, cost the sanity of my friends, and now the world expects me to be able to move away in the next week or so... does that answer your question with enough honesty...?"

None of us answered, because there was no answer to give. Everything that he had just said... all of it was completely true.

Something seemed to be enjoying the pain radiating in the room, feeding on it.

Sunny glanced at it, then back at us, "If we all don't face that stuff, none of us can ever move on. And we have a little less than two weeks to do it, because there's no way in hell we're getting past all this if I have to move away."

"How... do we face all that trauma in such a short amount of time?" Hero asked.

Sunny began to make his way out of the bathroom, "Once again, easy. Go to sleep. When you wake up you'll see what to do."

* * *

I had to admit, it seemed odd. Go to sleep and I'll see what to do? And he said it like I would somehow easily fall asleep. I had a lot to think and worry about.

But I was going to try.

I spent a few hours lying awake to try and think about everything going on, process, and get what I could out of my system. I wouldn't sleep if I didn't at least think about it.

Mari's death, my lack of parents, my grandmothers death, suicidal tendencies, and years of bullying... hmm...

I'd done a good job ignoring these things until now, and if I ever acknowledged those issues, I told myself it was fine and I was ok.

But now? No. I wasn't ok. It wasn't fair. Why did any of those things have to happen? My grandmother was something I couldn't avoid, however, it may now have hurt me as bad if I had parents, wasn't bullied 24/7 by an old friend, and hadn't watched someone die. No, not just someone, Mari.

All those things built up to my suicidal tendencies. I'd ignored that too. I didn't want to be alive. What was left for me to live for? Even with the small "reforms" in our friendship, I was happy with it. It wasn't enough to fix my problems. That required therapy, and a lot more than just these two weeks.

I knew that, but I held onto the hope I could fix something in these two weeks.

Old habit.

My thoughts slowly became more angry with the world, my friends, and myself, until I guess I wore myself out as I drifted into sleep.

I'll more than likely never admit it, but that anger I felt... that non-submissive part of me that spoke his mind... I liked him. I liked that feeling.

I went to sleep content, until my eyes opened...

It's dark...

I'm surrounded by doors, hundreds of doors, an empty, white outlined square, and a white light bulb hanging from... somewhere above me.

It's dead silent.

It's eerie.

Something is off...

I turn around to find I'm not alone. Standing behind me is a confused, Aubrey, Hero, and Kel, and Sunny, who's expression is unreadable as ever.

He steps forward, silencing our confusion.

"See? Sleep." Sunny says.

I'm confused, I'm scared, and I'm still angry, but I later came to learn this place was a terrifying start of facing trauma... in horrible ways...

- End of Part One -

A/N: Well frick, I'm back after 9 months of hiatus from this book. Hi. I gotta go back and edit past chapters but I hope y'all like this chapter. It's been a bit, but yeah. Woo-
~ Gravi