"She's with two of my own soldiers, Lieutenant. Neither one of them are stupid enough to guide her toward another sector. They have neither the clearance nor the tools to obtain said clearance to cross the sector line." His eyes are flashing with anger.

"But-" Delalieu tries to interject. 
"They've been gone one day. They are badly wounded and in need of aid. They're travelling on foot and with a stolen vehicle that is easily trackable. How far could they have gone?" He asks.
Delalieu says nothing. 
"You've sent out a national alert and notified multiple sectors, which mean the entire country now knows. Which means the capitals have received word. What do you think that means, Lieutenant?" 

For a moment no one speaks, then it hits me. I gasp and cover my mouth. My eyes are wide with horror.

"Sir," Delaleiu gasps. "Please forgive me." 

We rush back to the sector as quickly as we can. I follow Aaron to his door as does Delalieu. 

"Gather the troops in the Quadrant tomorrow at ten hundred hours, I'll have to make an announcement about these recent events as well as what's to come."

"Yes, sir." 
I look between Aaron and Delalieu as he leaves. Then when we're alone I say;

"You know, I could make the announcement." 

"Nope and you need to go and finish your work, Y/n." He tells me and then shuts the door, leaving me standing in the middle of the hall in front of his door. My mouth is in an O. I can't believe him I thought things were starting to get better. I roll my eyes at the door and walk away. As I'm walking to my room I see a soldier looking suspiciously close to Kenji. I look at him closer when I remember that he's gone. I keep seeing him everywhere. When I get back to my room I see the red medic call button go off. When one of us presses it the other can see. That's how I end up running back to Aaron's room. He's drifting in and out of conciseness. The chatter of medics around me is so loud. I look to his side table and see the almost half-empty bottle of pills. 
"Oh my god."  
"How many of those did he take?" I ask the room. 

"We don't know." A medic tells me. 

"Oh, Aaron," I whisper to him. "What have you done?" 
I pull up a chair beside him again and get ready to stay the night. 
"I'm sorry, dear, but you can't stay tonight. We have to tie him down and keep monitoring him to make sure his body doesn't seize on him. It seems that his wound has gotten infected." An older woman tells me.

"Oh, ok." I attempt to choke back the lump in my throat and control the tears threatening to spill over. I get up and return the chair to his office, if I was more like Aaron I might have insisted on staying, but I'm not. I walk back to my room and turn on the shower. My room may not have cameras but it does have a few microphones, I've tried getting Aaron to take them out but he said Dad would be pissed. I strip off my cold clothes and step into the embrace of the warm water. I sigh at the warmth filling my body. Tears are still streaming down my face but get lost in the water pouring down me. 

When I get out I don't bother drying my hair. Instead, I pull on my pyjamas and collapse on my bed. I stare at the ceiling of my room and attempt to fall asleep. It doesn't work though. I only get, like, 4 hours of sleep altogether. I kept waking after nightmares. I would hear Kenji's screams and the gunshot, then see Aaron on the floor and barely breathing with his arm bleeding and Juliette standing over him holding him down and slowly killing him. When I do get up it's 5 in the morning. Aaron and I would be getting ready for our day right now. So I get up and change into proper clothes. I brush my teeth and attempt to cover the dark circles created by my lack of sleep. I walk to Aaron's room. Almost no one is in the hall, some guards are still on their night shift, but the medics have temporarily left. I slip into his room undetected and grab my chair from yesterday. I sit beside him and hold his unwounded hand. If he wasn't grimacing at any small movement he might have looked sort of peaceful, I give him a small kiss on his forehead. I only get to sit with him for 15 minutes as another medic comes in and pushes me out. When I get out I go to the kitchens to try to get something for breakfast. It might be too early, though. I walk through the halls and watch the base start to wake up. It makes me sort of happy to watch it. I've lived here for almost a year, I think maybe longer.