125. empty promised

Start from the beginning

Avalyn stared at him with glossy eyes as he strolled towards her and gently took her chin in his fingers, forcing her to gaze up at him with slightly parted lips.

"You're a fool, Birdy." Riddle had whispered, watching as her lip quivered slightly and a tear had slowly slipped down her flushed cheek. "It's a pity because Rosier genuinely cared for you." He made a soft tutting sound.

"Then maybe I'll see whether he's occupied tonight." Avalyn fired back, her teary eyes glared ip at him as his smirk dropped and he forcefully dropped her chin.

A loud slam had echoed through the dormitory as Tom had exited the room angrily. Avalyn finally let out a small and strangled sob, she'd wondered how she could've been so stupid. Her shaky hand had covered her mouth as she sat aimlessly on the sheets they had just. . .or she thought they'd just made love in.

MALFOY MANOR, 1980

"I have heard word about a boy named Neville Longbottom born yesterday, my Lord." Lucius Malfoy enters the room with a small smirk on his smug face as his blue eyes flicker to Lord Voldemort who looks up from where he was staring at the polished wooden table. "I do not know whether the Potter's child had been born, yet. But if the last day of July comes and the Potters are yet to have their child we can be sure it is not them."

Riddle nods, adjusting his black tie.

"Is everything alright, my lord?"

"I wish to be left alone." Voldemort snaps and Lucius jumps slightly. "Go tend to your wife and son, a boy needs his father, Malfoy."

Lucius nods, hurrying out of the room and Voldemort sighs exasperatedly, closing his eyes and his eyebrows furrow slightly as he decided what to do to torment innocent people that night. His lips twitch slightly when he thinks of something but they drop as soon as he remembers...

SLYTHERIN COMMON ROOM, 1943

"Have you been having any nice dreams as of late, Feathers?" He asked her and she let out a breath, feeling his thumb run over the bone of her hip.

"They're not nice." Avalyn snapped at him, finding her voice once again. "They're absurd and I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my head."

"I knew you were a smart one." Riddle chuckled, shaking his head. She glared up at him. "I've just been practicing. Legilimency, I think I'm becoming rather skilled at it."

"Stop it. I mean it, Riddle. Stay out of my head."

"Or what?" He chuckled, again, leaning down so his nose is almost touching hers. "What will you do, Feathers?"

She stared up at him, feeling his cool breath his her lips and she sucked in some air through her nose, adjusting her grip on his shoulders making him smirk and stand straight once again.

"I despise you." Avalyn said to him and he snickered under his breath. "It's not funny, I'm being genuine. You're cruel, and you're rude and honestly if you getting into my head is some strange way of getting me into bed with you, it's failing. Miserably."

MALFOY MANOR, 1980

Shaking his head, Riddle decides to mess with somebody else's head than the lady he had in mind at first.

[][][]

Regulus Black wakes up with a surprising start, gasping and looking around, feeling beside him for Maria who had also woken up when Regulus had jolted awake beside her. His eyes are desperate as his chest heaves as he searches for her and she grabs his face gently.