II

Hayko massaged his temples while tapping his foot on the floor. He was at Bae's place at the moment, waiting for his cousin to arrive. The dude had a spare key on him, alright? A key that he might've stole from Bae.

His brows were knotted, where the hell was Bae? He looked at his watch, 3:30 still early.

Hayko nodded before inhaling a deep breath and releasing a long sigh, trying to calm himself down. Minutes turned to hours, an hour turned to 5. He was about to call Bae when the door flung open.

He stood up and grabbed his cousin's arm. "Bae what the hell?!"

The girl was drunk and wasted, she was a mess. She gave him a bored look before pushing him away and slumping down the couch.

"W-what are you doing here?" She threw daggers at him.

Hayko crossed his arms. "Waiting for you. Why are you drunk?"

"None of your business." She said making Hayko frown.

"It is. Or would you like me to call Calli instead?" He raised a brow.

Bae waved her hand. "Do whatever the fuck you want! Everybody does." She said making Hayko sigh.

"Clean up, I'll make you some tea."

"No!"

"Bae." He warned. Bae groaned before lifting herself up and walking to her room.

"If you don't come out of there after 30 minutes, I'm barging in!" Hayko screamed before going to the kitchen.

He brewed some tea, it was un-Hayko like. Even Hayko was aware of that, he wasn't the big brother type but Bae needed someone right now. He didn't call Calli because it'd make things worse.

Calli can be over protective of Bae, hell's gonna break loose if she finds out what happened. He needed to see if the three could sort it out first before telling Calli. If things don't go the way he wants it to go, he'll have no choice but to call the older girl.

Bae's a grown-up now, she can figure things out and she can stand on her own. Hayko's only there to provide support, as Bae's temporary wall while she heals and deals with her wounds.

Bae just got out of her room when the kettle started boiling. She sat on a stool, massaging her head. Hayko gave her a bored look before pushing the cup to her direction.

"Hopefully the bath helped." He said, sitting in front of the girl.

"What are you doing here?" Bae's voice was low as if she was just muttering the words to herself.

"The boys threw me out so I decided to crash here." He grinned.

"They finally got to their senses, huh? Sure you can crash here but only for a day." Bae said, too tired and worn out to even argue.

"Nice, dibs on the bed."

"Couch." Bae replied, taking a sip from her tea.

Hayko pouted. "Come on, ain't the delicious tea gonna change your mind?"

"No."

He tapped his fingers on the table while he watched Bae drink the tea he made. Calculating his every move and constructing sentences and phrases in his mind.

"You know a hug will do, right?" Bae said, raising her head to meet Hayko's eyes.

No words were spoken, he just stood up and walked over to Bae and hugged her. A tight one, offering comfort and saying the words he wasn't able to come up with. He felt Bae's shoulders start to shake, she was trembling. Soft sobs and the ticking clock enveloped the room.