"I love you," He told me, as we set off down the narrow sandy path. I missed the beach on my tour, I'd missed everything about the water, the waves lapping at my feet, the sea breeze on my skin, the smell of salt and driftwood. Further, towards the Cove, the environment became better preserved, I noticed a small pod of dolphins, jumping through the waves. The sun was setting on the horizon, lighting the sky in beautiful colours.

We reached the rocky cliff, to any normal person it would have meant the end, not for us. "Race you," I told him as I began clambering up the side of the cliff face, Finnick was right behind me. I felt the coarse stone beneath my feet as the familiar footholds guided me up to the top of the cliff. The rain from hours ago had cleared, leaving the sky clear and serene. The waves at the bottom of the cliff beckoned to me as I closed my eyes, taking in the beauty of my favourite place in the world.

Finnick had set out a blanket inside the Cove as I climbed down the rock, food sat in the middle of the blanket, fresh bread, cheese, wine, berries. A bouquet of red chrysanthemums sat in the centre of the rug, and I laid down, popping a strawberry into my mouth. Finnick brushed the hair out of my face, looking down at me fondly. Everything felt natural at the moment, I could finally forget about the heavy weight on the back of my mind and breathe.

Now that the tour was over, I could return to my normal self, not the pearl of the Capitol, not the Nightlock of the Districts, not a victor, just Aurora. I had forgotten how it felt to be my genuine self, It felt secure, no matter how futile this bliss would be in the long run, I could bask in that relief for now.

We arrived home hours later, Finnick kissed me goodbye before knocking on the door of Mags' house, I wandered back towards my house, noticing a person sitting on the front steps. "Mrs Castellan?" I asked the woman, who stood up uncomfortably, wringing her hands together.

"Aurora," Mrs Castellan greeted me tentatively, "Sorry to be disrupting you, it's just-"

"It's ok, tell me what's going on," I told her kindly, she stumbled onto the pathway beside me as we walked out of the victor's village.

"It's my husband, he's been wanting to talk to you," She explained, and I bit my lip, surely it could not be anything good. We walked past the main street and through the justice building, Mrs Castellan flinched at the sight of passing peacekeepers, though they nodded at us politely.

I recognised the change in buildings, I had never lived in the outer area of the district, even before the games. Father's pearl business had kept us above the poverty line, but we were in the minority in that regard.

Mrs Castellan led me to a grey stone house, rickety and dripping with water, the two smaller Castellan kids sat out the front of the house, holding each other's hands comfortingly as we passed them. I tried to smile at them, but all I could notice were their eyes, vibrant blue like their older brother's and suddenly I watched Thorn die all over again. I caught myself before I showed any more weakness than I needed to. Mr Castellan sat in the corner, holding a picture frame in his hands, his eyes were puffy and red, his hair matted, and I noticed scarring over his arms. I had seen that scarring before, on Tiberius from District 7.

"Whipping scars," Mr Castellan answered my question, noticing where my eyes were focused, "About four weeks old, I guess they don't publicize that kind of stuff on your side of the District,"

I hated the fact our district had sides, a poor side, and a rich side. A side where children practice killing each other and a side where half would be better off dead anyway. "That kind of stuff?" I asked about his previous statement.

Mr Castellan grimaced, standing up and gesturing me out the door, "Figures," He grumbled. I followed him down the dull streets, ignoring the stench of fish guts and dried blood. "Have you ever been to the docks?"