Once the food arrived, it was set down in front of them. They both gave their thanks and began eating. That was when silence fell over them, the only other sound being the chattering of other people.

Somewhere in between, Levi decided to ask something. "So, why did you decide to become a lawyer?"

M/n set down his utensils and thought about his question. "Well... The only reason I ever had an interest in becoming a lawyer was because of my grandfather. As predictable or cliche as it might sound, my life experiences are what led me to choose to be a lawyer."

Levi nodded. The question, however, had sparked some more courage to speak, the two finally conversing amongst each other. Before they knew it, it was time to go.

Once they had returned to the bureau, M/n gave him a date to come back so they discuss more stuff. Then, Levi left.

"Take care on your way back."

Once he got a wave in return, he turned on his heel. He greeted the ladies at the front desk as he passed by. "Oh? A friend of yours, Mr. L/n?"

M/n shrugged off their teasing and shook his head. "A client, actually."

"You had dinner with a client?"

"Isn't he the case you recently took on?"

"Ooh~"

"Stop," he said in an attempt to change the subject.

"Busy day?" one of them asked.

"It's been... eventful," he replied, "What about you all? No problems, I hope."

"Not at all. Believe it or not, it's been rather quiet."

"Yeah, except for the events of this morning."

"Yes, well, it was quite the meeting, wasn't it? I'll see to it that you ladies get your computers updated as soon as possible."

There was a chorus of thank you's from them as he walked away. He pressed the button for the elevator and waited for the doors to open. Just then, his phone began to ring. He reached into his pocket, glancing at the caller ID. He then put it up to his ear.

"Hello? This is L/n."

"Mr. L/n, hello. Did I catch you at a bad time?"

"No, actually. I just finished meeting with a client of mine. What can I do for you?"

"More pictures were taken. This time, outdoors. We were notified that there would be more potential evidence around the back of the house."

"Hold on for a moment."

He stepped into the empty elevator and watched as the doors closed. "Alright. Go ahead."

"We got access to the shed in the backyard. I assumed you wanted more evidence of the guy being an absolute alcoholic. Luckily for you, he had an entire fridge full of cans and bottles. All alcohol."

"Completely full?"

"From shelf to shelf. Also, we found a bat. Appears dented in some areas."

M/n thought for a second. He didn't remember any mention of any blunt force trauma or anything similar. It piqued his interest, wondering if now there was something new to add to his growing list.

"Any signs of damage other than dents? Either on the bat or its surrounding area?"

"On the bat, no. In terms of the surrounding area, we're still looking. It's taking a while because we were asked to keep the evidence as preserved as possible. We already have another detective on the way."