"Why would that be your first assumption? Has Sicheng said something? Did he mention me?"

Jaehyun's eyes widened. "Whoa, whoa. I never said that. It was just a simple question. You don't have to worry, Sicheng's practically a closed book when it comes to you."

"I don't know if that's a good or bad thing." Hyewon tried joking. It seemed to work because Jaehyun laughed or at least he was doing a damn good job at pretending to.

"He's very protective of you, so I think I understand why he's like that." She shook her head, forcing a small smile.

They then changed the topic to their project that was due in one of their classes until they reached their usual table. They were surprised to see Haechan there, working on his laptop. A small distance from there, Mark and Aeri were talking. Or more it looked like they were arguing unless it was a very instense conversation. Nevertheless, Hyewon frowned at the sight. Jaehyun noticed too, but ignored them instead.

Sicheng approached them too, setting his bag down on the table before sitting next to Jaehyun. "Hey, guys."

Jaehyun returned his greeting, but Hyewon only absentmindedly stared at him as she recalled Jaehyun's words from earlier. Sicheng looked back at her with so much perplexity in his eyes. "What's wrong?"

When she realised her mind wasn't focusing, she immediately tried to hide it with a smile. "Nothing. Just a bit tired."

"Oh, from your date?" Sicheng asked and much to her surprise he didn't seem annoyed and seemed genuinely interested.

"Uhm, yeah... I got home pretty late." Sicheng hummed in response as he rubbed his chin.

"I mean, you seemed to have enjoyed it. I'm happy you did."

Sicheng's peculiar behavior confused her. He wasn't being weird and it was strange. "Yeah, we actually-"

"Sicheng, you left this behind this morning." Hyewon stopped talking as she watched Yena place a jacket in front of Sicheng. She knew that jacket and it was definitely Sicheng's.

When Hyewon tore her eyes away from the jacket, she was surprised to find Sicheng's own on her. She looked away, gulping. Different scenarios ran through her mind trying to figure out why Yena would have Sicheng's jacket.

"Thanks. I forgot I brought this with me." Sicheng said and Yena shrugged.

"You're welcome. Next time I'm donating it. You have been warned."

Sicheng chuckled at Yena's usual bluntness. "Thank you for sparing me this one time."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Bye, Winwin." Yena glanced to Hyewon. "Bye, Hye!"
Before Hyewon could even process Yena's acknowledgement nevermind the nickname, the girl was already gone.

"She picked me up this morning, that's why she had my jacket." Sicheng explained.

"Okay." Hyewon's reply was short and straightforward. She kept telling herself that she shouldn't be worrying herself about things that didn't concern her, but she couldn't explain why she felt like crying.

Sicheng wanted to add to his explanation when Hyewon didn't bother to look at him but Mark had returned to the table and he looked anything but happy. "Who was that?" He asked.

"My friend. I met her at that party a few weeks back."

Mark said something else after that, but Hyewon didn't comprehend it. Her mind was all over the place and she started feeling dizzy. "Hyewon?"

It was Jaehyun's voice. She looked up and all three of them were looking at her. Even Haechan stopped typing and stared at her. "Are you okay?" Mark asked.

"Yeah... I'm- Sorry, just give me a minute." She excused herself, walking off.

Sicheng wanted to follow but Jaehyun stopped him and pulled him to sit back down. "Just give her some space."

Hyewon walked and walked until she found herself in the bathroom. She quickly splashed her face with water, hoping to make her mind focus again. She stared at herself in the mirror for a few seconds.

That suffocating feeling from before scared her. It's never been there in the past but it was terrifying. This was not how she was supposed to be reacting. She should be celebrating Sicheng's happiness. But the fact that she wasn't made her feel like she was just being a horrible best friend.

hmmm

hmmm...?