Chapter 2 ~ .....Just You Wait.....

Start from the beginning

No one spoke for a second. Yelena knew that at least three people in the room knew what she was talking about. She had already told Clint and Peter, and she knew Natasha knew. Laura, Inaya, and Wanda could know as well.

"You blipped," Captain America realized.

"That's terrible!" Laura exclaimed.

Yelena shrugged. It was like blinking once and suddenly having everything change around you. It was a weird feeling, but Yelena wasn't sure if it was absolutely terrible.

Wanda frowned, "I had no idea."

So maybe she hadn't gone through all of Yelena's head.

"At least you're younger now!" Sam joked, trying to lift the mood of the room.

Bucky rolled his eyes but there was a slight smile on his face when he spoke, "That's not how it works, idiot."

Lila laughed, "Or is it???"

While they chatted, Yelena looked over at Inaya, who was watching the others with a ghost of a smile on her face. She seemed more comfortable here than she did in the compound.

"So you're just visiting your parents in Ohio to help with something then?" Clint asked, bringing them back on track.

"Not quite," Natasha replied, "We're visiting them at their place."

"What happened to Ohio then?" Lila asked.

"You know... I'm not sure... Do you know?" Natasha said, turning to Yelena.

"It was sold to someone else. A family," she replied.

Tony nodded to himself, silently making a mental note to find and buy the house later. It was probably in the old SHEILD files somewhere.

"I'm coming with you," Clint finally stated.

Natasha raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

"You might need some help!"

Yelena didn't believe that for a second, and from the non-committal noise Natasha replied with, and the looks the others gave him, neither did they.

"Don't lie, you want to meet Nat's parents," Sam said.

Clint gasped, "How dare you assume that!"

"He's not assuming," Wanda replied with a smile.

Lila grinned, "Can I go too?"

"No," Laura said.

"Why notttt?" Lila whined.

Laura raised an eyebrow, "What happened to 'too injured to go outside'?"

Lila opened her mouth, closed it, then opened it again, searching for a reply, "I... uh.... not for this! Plus I need to go! I want to talk to them and see if they have any tips for me on becoming Blackhawk! The most amazing superhero!"

"So you're saying you're too injured to play outside, but not injured enough to not go on a probably dangerous trip to who knows where?"

"Exactly!"

Laura sighed and shook her head. "You can go if Wanda goes too."

Yelena tilted her head to the side slightly. It seemed like after they had told Laura how Wanda had risked injury while protecting her kid she seemed to trust her a bit more than the others.

Does she trust me then? I did save Lila....

She wouldn't trust someone like you. Not after all the terrible things you've done. Just wait, as soon as she finds out... she'll leave. Just like everyone else...