six. we're such a mess together, you make me lose my temper

Start from the beginning

Even after three months of staying close to the girl (except for his occasional visits at Peru) Nina's powers were still a weird concept for him; she had the toned down his powers, he was sure of that - Nina could only control one person at a time and she needed to vocalize whatever command she had to make; but the part of her that got Nikaia's powers was just a big, confusing mess.

She could summon any sort of weapon - he made that out. But unlike Nikaia, it seemed like her playing field was only directed at weapons. He learned that when he asked her to summon out a sandwich and his daughter looked at him like he was crazy.

But then there were instances like this... inflicting physical pain on someone with a single lie - making a man feel like he's being burned with a simple lie - neither he or Nikaia (or any Eternal, for that matter) could do that. Her powers were too complex - to broad - and despite helping her navigate them for the past three months, the lengths were still unknown to him.

Dread gnawed at his insides whenever he thought of it - for all he knew, Nina had the world in the palm of her hands; and with the violence she inherited from Nikaia, without the right guidance, she could mess up the fabric of existence and reality with a simple lie.

He glances at his daughter. Dyed blonde hair and piercing brown eyes - such a beautiful sight - she took after her mother - but so much havoc inside her.

Suddenly, a loud woosh resonates out of thin air, and Nina has been so used to the sound the past few months that it doesn't even render her surprised.

For a moment, Nikaia's lips tug out in a soft smile. During those years she's spent mourning the loss of her daughter, she never imagined this sight to be real; the two most important people in her life, staring out a window as they conversed among themselves.

While out in the different parts of the universe, Nikaia continuously carried her shields and her swords up to protect herself against unhappy and selfish creatures who may try to take advantage of her - being the most powerful Eternal of them all. But somehow, she knows that when she steps foot in the two bedroom apartment in Queens, she'd be able to put the shield and the sword down because there are no enemies at home.

It warms her heart - if she even had one.

"What are you doing home early, my love?" Druig stands up, kissing the Eternal's forehead - if you'd told him centuries ago durijg early days where the purpose was fighting Deviants and emotions couldn't get in the way of the mission that he'd be standing in Queens with the person he loved the most and a child that belonged to him, he would've laughed.

Now, it felt natural. Comforting, per se.

"I'm still here," Nina butts in with and eye roll. "Ew."

"I have business at Kylos I must attend to as soon as possible," Nikaia kisses his cheek, only smiling at how truly lovesick the once brooding Druig had become. "That means you need to pack your bags for your visit to the settlement."

Nina trails behind the two, a unreadable look on her face. "How long will you two be gone?" upon hearing the vulnerability in her voice, her tone immediately shifts, "It's just because I have a bunch of cleaning ladies coming and I don't think they'd appreciate seeing the two of you here and—"

"A week, at most." Nikaia interrupts her, "Pack your shit, Druig. I need a moment with my daughter."

Nina, still slightly bothered by the term, shuffles uncomfortably.

When Druig nods, giving time for the woman to be left alone with the teenage girl, Nina raises a brow as if to ask what she wanted.

She's warmed up to her father - she really did, but doing the same thing to her mother was continuously proving itself to be a very hard task.