six. we're such a mess together, you make me lose my temper

"LOOK AT THEM," Druig points out, eyes set on the infinite amount of people who rushed through the streets of Queens, trying to make their way through the county in rush hour

"LOOK AT THEM," Druig points out, eyes set on the infinite amount of people who rushed through the streets of Queens, trying to make their way through the county in rush hour. There's a group of boys breaking into a fight on the sidewalk, a girl unapologetically throwing her trash on the ground, and a old man sending daggers towards everyone who passes by him.

"It's New York. Fighting is normal. I don't know what it's like where you live but everyone here is clinically insane," Nina quips, watching in silence as the group's eyes glow a bright yellow and halt their movements, stopping themselves for fighting any further. The woman picks up her trash and throws them in a garbage can. The old man smiles. She doesn't need to look at the man to know that his eyes are reflecting that same color.

The girl shifts the slightest, leaning against the window pane as she eyes him warily - he's still staring at the sight below, but now that the fighting and the littering has stopped, a soft smile adorns his face.

"I want you to look at that man, Nina." Druig tells her after a beat of silence, scooting slightly to the side to give his daughter a little more space for her to see the sight. "Yellow jacket. Ugly balding head. Black cane. He isn't hard to miss."

Nina spots the man instantly, nodding to herself as she watches him scoot around a woman half his age. "I see him."

Druig hums. "The woman beside him is in danger. His thought are noisy, lewd, and disgusting. What do you do to him?"

The man watches as Nina's mouth turns into a straight line - a clear indication that she was pissed off . (Nikaia did the same thing too.) Her eyes then glow a bright, beautiful white, and he doesn't listen to the words that come out of her mouth; instead, he watched the old man with complete precision, gouging, anticipating Nina's next move.

Until his eyes widen at the sight of the man howling out in pure, raw pain, desperately holding his private part as he curls into a small ball - all while the people around him go on with their lives like nothing was happening.

"What did you do?" Druig questions with the utmost uncertainty, wincing as the old man lets another loud cry.

"I broke his dick," the girl says a little too proudly, complete with the mischievous glint in her eye. "And he's now physically incapable of touching a woman for the rest of his life unless he wants to feel like he's being thrown into an oven at full heat."

Druig clicks his tongue, his brain jumping into a game of tug of war wherein it couldn't decide if it was proud of Nina or terrified of her. "Nina, we talked about this—"

"He's a dick who probably deserves it, so I don't see the harm in it." The girl stood her ground, refusing to take back the effects of her powers on the man. "He can die, for all I care. This is me being generous. I'm letting him live."

The man sighs, knowing that there wasn't anything he could do to reverse the effects of Nina's powers - which, for the record, he still didn't fully understand.