The Begining

key:
* = thoughts
Bold conversation = phone calls

Being in a relationship is not easy. You have your ups, and you have your downs, whether you make it through the downs is an entirely different story...

Monday, 6:30 am

You wake to the loud and obnoxious sound of your alarm, you lay there, listening to this high pitched variation of tones, *To snooze, or not to snooze* you thought to yourself, suddenly that thought was interrupted by your mother entering your room.

"can you turn the alarm off? your dad is trying to sleep" she said in an extremely loud whisper. 

"yep, sorry" you reply and reach over to your side table, tapping and swiping in attempt to find the off button without having to actually get up. The sound stops.

"thankyou, now get up, you've got school, and I'm not driving you again." your mum says as she walks out of your room closing the door behind her. With all of your willpower, and a whole lot of groaning you sit up and swing your legs to the side of the bed, in doing so your remove yourself from the warmth and comfort of your duvet, it's cold today. You press your feet against the cold wooden floors. *where is my dressing gown?* you look up, scanning the darkness of your room, looking up and down for your dressing gown, when finally you spot it. You stand up, stumbling and staggering around until you finally reach the gown, it was on the vanity... for some reason? Ignoring the weird-ass place you left it, you put it on. The warmth and coziness consumes you, it's like your back in bed again, but this time you're standing, with your eyes open... awake...

Wrapping yourself up in it you walk towards your bedroom door and open it, revealing the light... and a lot of it. You squint, trying to adjust your eyes to the brightness of the hallway. *Why are all the lights on?*. you continue your journey to the kitchen where you see your younger sister making herself a bowl of cereal.

"why is every light on?" you ask her, with a slight undertone of annoyance. 

"because I need light to see? unlike you y/n, I like the light." she looks back at her bowl with pride like she just roasted you like lamb on Christmas. 

"at least I didn't need a nightlight at 12, it's not because you like light, it's because you're scared of the dark" you grab the bowl of cereal she just made and walk away. "Thanks for making me breakfast"

"WELL AT LEAST I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!" she storms off to her room and you just sit there giggling to yourself, not realising that she had just called you out on your non-existant love life, you didn't care much though, you were happy being single, no pressure, no responsibility to communicate with someone everyday, no whining boyfriends, you were content, but some part of you wished for that fairy tale, that magical relationship you've never gotten to experience. You've only ever been in one relationship, but no one would count a 5th grade school relationship as an actual relationship...

"Y/N!" your mum screams. *SHE SNITCHED?!* "why the hell did you make fun of your sister, and why the hell did you take her cereal?!"

"1. she made fun of me first. 2. because she made fun of me, so i took her cereal... and ate it..."

"well go and apologise" she said, stirn but with no care, like she wants you to go and apologise, but its 6:45 in the morning on a Monday.

"yep, let me just finish my cereal" you smile. Your mum walks away, rolling her eyes at you. Typical  Monday morning in your house.

7 am

You finish your stolen cereal and head to your bedroom to get ready for school. You grab a towel and your hair brush and headed to take a quick 15 minute shower just to freshen up, you have thick curly hair that doesn't like to do what it's told so a morning shower to apply product and to style it is necessary.

15 minutes go by and you finish showering and head back to your bedroom to get ready. You grab your uniform, a white blouse, black skirt and black leather shoes. You pick out a black jumper, a scarf and some thick winter stockings because you knew it was going to be cold today, maximum 8^C (46^F).

Halfway through getting ready your second alarm goes off *It's 7:30 already?*. You start to get ready faster, the bus comes in 30 minutes and you still had to do your hair, makeup and pack your lunch. You must have broken a record or something because you were ready to go within 20 minutes. Your hair was in a high pony tail, so it would be out of your face but you could still show off your curls. You had very minimal makeup on, a little bit of mascara, blush and highlight is all you need. Even after making your lunch you still had time to make your coffee, a Monday morning... an every morning necessity. You usually go for a black coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar, but you were feeling spontaneous today so you added a little bit of milk.

Once you had finished making your coffee the third and final alarm went off *8am shit i have to go* Grabbing your stuff you quickly yell goodbye to your family and run out the door, You made it just in time for the school bus.

As you get on you scan the bus for your best friend, no sight of her though, in the midst of your scanning you see a boy, you've never seen him before. Dark curly hair, pale skin, dark brown eyes, eyes that you could get lost in... You realise that you were staring, but realise he was staring back. You begin to blush so you cover your face and head to the back of the bus, you kept to yourself the whole way to school, you just read and listened to music, but you couldn't get him out of your mind. Who was he?