Insomnia

Warnings: None

Wordcount: 1.1k

Your eyes water slightly as a yawn escapes your lips, rubbing your eyes slightly as you sluggishly enter the kitchen area of the compound. Wanda cocks her head to the side curiously as she unintentionally hears your loud thoughts of wanting to sleep but being scared to do so.

You've suffered with insomnia almost all throughout your life and never did anything about it other than letting it pass on your own. As a result, your sleep schedule becomes really unpredictable since sometimes you'd wake up at 8am, and sometimes would wake up at 3pm. You groggily grab a mug from the cupboard, standing on your tiptoes slightly to get it.

"Good morning Y/N" Wanda greets you as you wave your hand slightly to respond to her. She raises her eyebrow slightly as she watches you grab the milk carton, pouring it into your mug. "You okay there?"

"Yeah, just sleepy," you mumble sleepily as you put the milk back, sitting in the chair in front of her and drinking the milk. You wipe your mouth with the sleeve of the sweater you're wearing making Wanda chuckle softly in response.

"Why did you wake up early if you're tired?" She inquires gently as she stirs her coffee slightly, waiting for you to respond.

"Promised Tony I'd help out today," you start, a yawn stopping you for a moment. "I didn't think I'd stay up last night so I didn't wanna bail on him."

"You should let him know, it's dangerous for you to work right now if you're this tired," she worriedly explains. You shake your head no as you look at the clock, squinting slightly as you didn't put your glasses or contacts on. "It's okay, gonna squeeze in a power nap since I think I have 2 hours before then."

Wanda sighs as you put your mug in the sink to clean later, waving goodbye as you went back to bed. As if on cue, your girlfriend enters the kitchen from the gym with the towel and water bottle in her hand.

"Ah perfect, just the person I need to talk to."

You wake up from your power nap, stretching your sore limbs as you feel more tired than you already were

You wake up from your power nap, stretching your sore limbs as you feel more tired than you already were. You groan slightly in frustration, knowing this might make you grumpy for the rest of the day.

You put on your glasses that you have 30 minutes left till you have to meet with Tony, sighing in frustration as you slept through your initial alarm. You get ready by taking a shower and putting on your cable-knit sweater and jeans, grabbing your things and heading to the labs.

You finally get to the labs after being stopped by a few people along the way, putting your stuff down as you look at your current progress. Currently, you're helping Tony figure out the possibly of time traveling without the need of the pym particles. You sigh at your almost little to no form of progress, already feeling irritable with the possibility of yet another all nighter.

You get to work and a few hours later, you're so focused on what you're doing that you don't hear Nat coming into the lab. She notices how you have around 4 mugs and counting of coffee scattered around your table, and the large mountain of crumbled paper overflowing your trashcan. She sighs softly as she comes up to you, gently tapping your shoulder. "Y/N?"

You jump slightly, turning around to see Nat. She finally sees how deep your eyebags and the dull shine in your eyes due to the lack of sleep. "Hey Natty," you grin at the red head, a yawn going past your lips uncontrollably as you cover your mouth.

She raises her eyebrows at you, looking around your workstation. "You're really busy, huh?"

You nod in response as she walks up to your table, bending down to have a closer look at what you're working on. "Tony needs this by the end of the month and I have only a week left so I have to make progress."

Nat hums in acknowledgement, standing back up as she turns and leans back on your table, leaning on it as she faces you. "You also need sleep, Wanda told me you've been not sleeping again."

You narrow your eyes slightly at your girlfriend, grumbling a 'damn that witch' under your breath. Nat chuckles slightly, giving you a soft smile. "Don't get mad at her, she's worried. And frankly, me too."

"I know, I know," you sigh as you lean back onto your chair to properly face Nat, your arms crossing your chest. "My insomnia came back, can't sleep anymore and when I do, it's only for like 2-3 hours."

Nat hums in thought as she thinks of what she can do to help. An idea pops into her mind causing her to stand up, extending a hand for you to take. "Come, I have an idea and you shouldn't be working while you're tired. Tony's a bad influence to you."

You chuckle as you gratefully take Nat's hand, standing up and following her as she takes you to her room. She lets you in as she starts putting her room together, turning up her scent diffuser and dimming the lights until its just enough that its not too bright in the room. You watch her in awe as she makes the effort to make you comfortable, a gentle smile gracing your lips as Nat comes back to you with a set of her pajamas.

"This should fit you, put it on and let's get some sleep." She says as you heart skips a beat at her thoughtfulness. You give her a nod as you take the pajamas, going in her bathroom to put it on. This isn't the first time you've slept in the same room as Nat as you were initially friends who goes on sleepovers from time to time, but it is one of the first handful of times you've slept together as partners.

You go back out to see Nat holding a mug of warmed up milk, cooing slightly as you walk up to her. "You made this?"

Nat chuckles softly as she hands it to you. "I know you drink warm milk before bed so I got you some."

You drink it up, offering Nat some as well as she puts the mug down. She lays down on her bed, opening her arms for you to lay besides her. You lay down in her arms, nuzzling your face into her beck as she pulls you into her embrace. You sigh in content as you fully relax, yawning slightly.

"Come on Y/N," she says softly as she pulls the blanket over the both of you.

"Get some sleep, I'll be here when you wake up."