A Funeral, Coronation, And Cedric

The Ballroom was so crowded with guests that Sofia had to have the funeral moved outside to give the guests more room. Sofia was surprised as she glanced around at the sea of faces, amazed at how many people knew her family and had shown up to say their goodbyes. Four open coffins sit displayed in the middle, the still figures of the royal family in full few of everyone. 

Songs were sang, words were spoken by everyone that had known The four of them, not a dry eye could be found, accept Sofia who was struggling to hold her emotions together, she wanted to be a Pillar of strength for the people of Enchancia, if she crumbled she was sure the kingdom would follow. She had to prove to everyone around her and herself that she had what it takes to be a Queen. 

But deep her heart she wondered if she really did have what it took. Could she really do this? Could she really do her father’s job? Where would that leave her as the Story keeper? And what about her job as Protector of the EverRealm? Would she have to stop all these things now that she was to be a Queen?

And would she still have time for her friends? For Clover, Mia, Robin? ‘Happy Birthday Sofia.’ she muttered bitter sweetly in her mind. Her heart was heavy, she knew she’d trade every birthday she could ever have for the return of her family. But for now her family deserved the best funeral send off that could be mustered.

“Princess Sofia, please approach the podium.” Baileywick calls out.

Brushing her dress she made her way forward where she finds Grand Mum holding a purple jeweled crown.

“As the only living heir, I hearby, crown you as Queen.” She placed the crown on Sofia’s head then turns her to face the crowd. “All hail Queen Sofia of Enchancia’, may your reign be long and successful.” Sofia stood staring out at the crowd as a sea of applause rang out. 

“You have Three weeks to find someone suitable to marry, if after three weeks you fail to find someone, a suitor will be chosen for you.” Baileywick explains loud enough for all to hear. “Baileywick does this suitor have to be someone that is already Royalty?” Sofia asked wondering if she would still be able to pick the one person she’d known she loved since she was but twelve.

“It can be Anyone you like your Majesty, you are our Queen after all.” Baileywick replied with a bow. 

Sofia turned and shook hands with the guests as one by one they all started off home until finally she was left alone.

Instead of heading to bed, she made her way to the tower. She knocks on the door and waits until the door swings open. 

Only nothing stirred.

Confused Sofia opened the door and was shocked, Cedric wasn’t here, but the place was a mess, and Cedric’s family wand lay on the floor haphazardly.

Wait why wasn’t the wand in it’s special box she made for it? Where was Cedric? She quickly leafed through his spell book and quickly cast a spell on the nearest mirror.

“Show me what happened to Cedric.”

The glass swirled and soon she was looking at a scene where Cedric was busy practicing a new spell with the family wand, when a hooded figure appeared behind him, knocks him out and carries him off through the window on a flying horse.

Sofia stood in shock as he watched his best friend being carried off to who knows where, by who knows who, for who knows what. What would they going to do with him? She already lost her family, she couldn’t lose Cedric as well. Activating her Enchantlet she calls up her protector friends. “Christa, Orion I need everyone’s help. My royal Sorcerer Cedric has been kidnapped, I don’t know who took him, but I must have him back. Can you help me find him?”

“Sure thing Sofia.” Christa replied.

Sofia next sends out flying horseman to all the other kingdoms to ask everyone to keep an eye out before hoping on Minimus to help in the search herself.

She knew she ought to stay back, knew she was taking a risk as the ruler of the kingdom, but in that moment Cedric was most important to her.

Pulling out her Enchantlet bow she points “take me to Cedric.”

She watched the arrow spin and point the way before taking off. 

“Minimus after that arrow!”

They hurried after it her heart pounding in her chest, hoping in her heart she would find him, and find him safe and sound.