Infection: Part 3

*Inside the Voights' SUV*

Hank forced the vehicle to go faster as it sped down the road towards Chicago Med. He glanced at Ana beside him before looking up at the rear view mirror to see Jay in one of the backseats. Both of them were trying, desperately, to get ahold of their favorite redhead.

"Will's not picking up." The Detective muttered, worriedly.

The brunette then tried calling the older Halstead brother again on her phone, only to let out an angry breath when the sound of his voicemail reached her ears.

"Nothing for me either." She sighed.

"Almost there." Hank murmured, pushing down on the gas pedal a bit more.

*Chicago Med: A Few Minutes Later*

The three cops ran inside the Emergency Department and towards the nearest nurse, who was standing behind the desk.

"We're looking for Dr. Seldon. He's with my brother." Jay explained, urgently.

"The lab, second floor. D wing." She replied and he took off before the poor woman could even finish. "Stairs will be faster."

"Thank you!" Ana called over her shoulder as she and Hank rushed after their Detective.

The two Sergeants sprinted down a series of large corridors, following the path that Jay had practically paved for them. They eventually reached the room that the nurse described and found the Detective helping his brother off the ground.

"Will!" Ana yelled in shock as she finally caught sight of his bloodied figure.

Her gaze fell to the floor and her eyes widened even more at the small puddle of blood there.

"What happened?" Jay wondered.

"I'm fine." Will assured, grabbing some tissues off a nearby table and pressing them to the right side of his head. "Dr. Seldon. Damn it! He knocked the Hell out of me."

"Where is he?" Ana inquired, trying in vain to hide how angry she was at Seldon for hurting him.

"I don't know." He shook his head.

A female doctor suddenly raced in from a different entrance.

"What happened?" She gasped, looking around in disbelief.

"He sabotaged our work." Will spat.

"Who?" She cried, rushing over to a counter where a bunch of petri dishes were sitting.

"David Seldon." Hank replied.

"No, David Seldon, he was helping us with the treatment-"

"He cold-cocked me over the head." Will cut the other doctor off with a slight glare.

"Oh, God." She groaned.

"How long were you out?" Hank wondered.

"I don't know. Couldn't have been long, he might still be in the hospital." The redhead answered, quickly.

"Bluejay, go, go." Ana urged.

He went to leave but hesistated and glanced back at his brother.

"You gonna be okay?" The Detective asked in confirmation.

"Yeah." Will nodded and that was all Jay needed to hear before dashing out of the room.

"Listen, you got this?" Hank inquired, glancing behind him at the female doctor.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, here." She murmured, immediately looking at the redhead's injury.

"Okay." The older man whispered, glancing at his wife.