"I choose death." I swing out my blade from my belt. Before I can chicken out, I make a deep cut through the flesh of my neck. I fall to the floor seconds later.

The only thing occupying my vision is darkness. I try moving my head, but it's all the same. Is this what heaven is like? Because if it is, it really sucks. I try to speak, but nothing comes out. Either that or I've gone deaf. Did I really die? 

I take a big breath of air. Am I in my room? I am! And I'm alive! I want to get up and scream for joy, but something's not right. My neck is burning. And I mean burning like I think I'm about to die kind of burning. I struggle to get out of bed and look into my mirror. I'm horrified. The cut that I made on my neck is still there. I bring my hand to touch the blood that seeps out. It's real. When I get hurt in my dreams, it affects me in real life too. 

I have to get out of here or the emperor will find me. But I'm too weak to move. I feel the life starting to slip out of me little by little. I start calling for help, but my voice is too faded to be heard. I lose my balance and brace myself for the impact when a set of arms catches me.

"Y/n. You'll be fine just hang in there." He gently sets me down on the floor and rushes out of the room.

...

I can't tell you what happened next because I had been knocked out cold. I open my eyes to a different room. The walls are colored with all different shades of white and gray. I tilt my head to the side to see a needle in my arm.

"Oh thank titan she's awake." A nurse rushes over to me.

"Are you alright dear? How'd you cut your throat?"

"Slow down. She just woke up." I look to my left and see Hunter walk into the room, wearing his full uniform, including the mask.

He whispers to the nurse, who leaves the room immediately after. I wonder what he told her.

Hunter walks closer to me.

"Uh." He coughs. "How are you feeling?"

Really? What does he think? I've got a giant cut going through my throat.

"Could be better," I reply in a raspy voice.

"You lost a lot of blood. It's a miracle that you're alive." He pauses and scratches his neck. "I don't really know what else to say."

I can't help but laugh a little. He's still his same awkward self.

Without warning, he tenderly wraps his arms around me.

"I'm glad you're okay." He says.

My face heats up and I hug him back with the small amount of energy I have left.

"You saved me," I say. "If you hadn't found me I would be dead."

"That's true." He says arrogantly.

I smile. I feel protected when I'm with him. Belos' words replay in my mind. This isn't over yet.

"The emperor is not happy with me at all," I say.

I tell him about everything that went down in my dream. It's a lot for him to take in.

"Okay, we need to get you out of here. Somewhere he won't find you." He says.

Easier said than done. I'm not exactly in a healthy condition.

"But where?" I ask.

He picks up his staff and teleports us somewhere. It's an... island. There's a small house in the distance.

"I always come here when I get the chance. To be alone." He says wistfully as he takes off his mask.

I get the gist that he hasn't been here in a while. We start to walk to the house, but I don't get far before dropping to the ground. I wince in pain. My neck is killing me. Hunter sees the state I'm in. He picks me up bridal style.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"You can't walk. So I'm carrying you."

It doesn't seem hard for him to carry me. He does it with such ease. It doesn't take long for us to reach the house. He sets me down on the couch.

"How long will I have to stay here?" I ask.

"I'm not sure. Atleast until it's safe for you to leave."

"Will you stay here with me?" I look into his eyes longingly.

"I can't y/n. You know I have to go back."

"But you can't. Belos will hurt you, he knows that you helped me." I try to convince him not to go back.

"I'm sorry I have to." He looks away from me. "Don't worry about me, alright?"

Tears fill my eyes. I can't just stop worrying with the snap of my fingers. Hunter and I were starting to get closer. Now we're going our separate ways?

"I promise I'll visit." His voice sounds unsteady.

I have to be strong. Like he is.

"I'll miss you." I stand up.

He comes closer to me and takes my hand in his. He brings it up to his lips and places a soft kiss onto it.

"Bye for now." He takes his staff and teleports away.

I knew he had to leave, but why so soon? I'd give anything to share just a few more minutes with him.