001

'Zoo'

'I've prayed to God and I made it
Nobody did me no favors
I'm sorry if you can't take it
I been goin' through changes'

~Dej loaf

June 16th , 2021Chicago Midway International Airport6:00 a

June 16th , 2021
Chicago Midway International Airport
6:00 a.m

"There go my big baby sister !" Herbert yells, spotting his younger sister Malaya sprint out the airport double doors to embrace him in a big hug .

Her hair is tied into a tight high bun , and she's wearing baggy sweat pants , with a 'Chicago Bulls ' hoodie on to express her love for the city .

"Hey Herb !" She squeals holding him tightly as he chuckles before pulling away to take in her appearance, noticing minor changes .

They hadn't seen each other in years , being that Malaya moved from Chicago to Atalanta when she was ten with their mom for a 'better life '.

Herb was seventeen at the time so he decided to stay in the only place he's ever known , resulting in him not only getting cut off by his birth giver , but also losing contact with his sister .

Malaya tried to sneak off and call him at times , but it only resulted in her getting into trouble,  so she just stopped . That didn't change the love she has for him though , or the fact that he's still her bestfriend , she's just glad she's finally able to hug her again .

"Cmon let me get your bags " Herb smiles as she does the same , handing him her things .

"This is it ?" He questions with an eyebrow raised looking down at the two duffel bags in his hands .

"It's cheaper to travel light " she shrugs

"Sound just like yo damn momma " he shakes his head as she just grins , following him to the red '1967 Corvette L88 ' sitting by the curb causing her jaw to drop .

"Herb please don't tell me you still riding around in this old ass car " she sighs while he turns to her with an appalled expression on his face .

"Where yo car at ?" He asks pettily , and she sucks her teeth "exactly what the fuck  I thought"

"Daddy gave you this car YEARS ago" she emphasizes "let it go , it's so outta style "

"You know what's more outta style than this ?" He questions pointing at the car

"What ?" She asks