Chapter 25 First Day of School

Start from the beginning

“Are you alright, Evie?”

Evie took a deep breath, “Suddenly, I'm not very hungry.”

Natasha smiled at the little girl, “Are you nervous?”

“No!” Evie immediately denied.

Natasha raised an eyebrow.

Evie sighed, “Maybe a little. Oh, Aunt Tasha, what if the other kids don't like me?”

Natasha took Evie's hand, “Evie, they will love you. You're a kind, sweet little girl who can charm anyone, just like your dad.”

“Really?”

Natasha squeezed her hand, “Yes. You have nothing to worry about. I know by the end of the day, you'll have lots of friends.”

Evie smiled at Natasha and took a deep breath to settle her nerves, “Okay, let's eat.”

Natasha ordered a spinach omelet, and Evie ordered Belgium waffles with blueberries. While they waited for their order, Evie and Natasha talked about what classes Evie was looking forward to. Evie told Natasha that she was looking forward to her Spanish class, now that she was caught up and her math class, since she had always been good at math and JARVIS had also tutored her a bit.

“And now that I don't have to play dumb because of Dudley, I know I will get good grades!” Evie said excitedly.

Natasha felt a wave of anger pass through her at hearing Evie's words and was glad that Loki had dealt with the Dursleys. She smiled at Evie and told her to do her best in school.

“But, if you need help, remember we're all here to help you.”

Evie looked down at her plate then looked up at Natasha, “Can you teach me to speak Russian?”

Natasha was taken aback for a moment, then smiled, “I would love to teach you Russian and anything else you want to learn.”

Evie beamed at Natasha and thanked her. Once they finished their breakfast and Natasha paid, they headed back to the Tower, where everyone was already up and arguing about who would take Evie to school. Natasha and Evie looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

“Obviously, I am taking Evie to school; I am her father,” Thor argued.

“I am as well since she is my niece,” Loki added.

Tony huffed, “You know what, why don't we all take her to school?”

All of the men agreed, but Pepper, being the voice of reason, told them no.

“Think about it, guys. If all of the Avengers show up at Evie's school, you'll cause a riot. And Loki, people are still afraid of you, so that's a bad idea. Why don't we let Evie decide who takes her?” Pepper proposed.

All the Avengers and Remus turned to Evie. Evie stared at them for a moment and thought, “I want Daddy and Aunt Tasha to take me to school. Then Uncle Tony and Uncle Loki can pick me up. Then we can switch every day.” Evie announced.

The Avengers and Remus stayed quiet until Tony smiled, “That's a dam- darn good idea, Lightning Bug. I can live with that.”