Chapter 27: So it's Milim again...

He-hehehehe no human has ever come this far to confront me. Even Heroes didn't get me serious. Not because of the power, but just a weird, eerie, unfortunate feeling. Her evolution has been exceptional especially when he met that individual. My deep thoughts as I cross blades with her ... That being said, I don't think he matches me right now anyway. While her growth was really worth the word evolution, it is far from immature compared to the battles I had experienced.

While we were exchanging blows after another that created friction between our weapons, it was still now growing at a faster rate. It really deserves to be noted that it is the essence of the human race.

Now I could barely even observe the vigorous mask that being has assembled.

Only behind that individual, this lady in front of me may be affixed by new protection of fate.

Shizu's eyes glowed red for a split second as they looked me straight in the eye, but I still have no motive to lose. I think I heard an egg hatch.

◇◇◇

This fiend... I made sure to fully equip each of the swings with all I have physically. I am not too happy to state this unfortunate track of the battle. While it is true I am holding back from Rainier I am currently using all of my abilities against this miscreant. My body starts overheating in fact. Heat Acceleration, Envy, Great Sage, Dragon Slayer, Survivor skill you name it! I am already employing all of my abilities. While my agile movements use large reserves and powerful blows the inertia results in a waste of a lot of excess movement. I am unlike Black who just moves sufficiently yet effectively using it to dodge and create powerful attacks launching it on point for every opening I made.

"Oh, it would be  wise to not move."

While at first, I didn't get his words it all made sense when I dart at around me. I am confined in some sort of disintegration spell. While I stay silent, he is savoring the thought of trapping me into his palms. If I move a nerve he'll fire the spell.

"Kufufufu I finally got you. Such fast movements as expected of an Egg."

"An egg?"

"You won't be able to apprehend it with your sheer human knowledge. As a matter of fact, you have already obtained the necessary requirement for that evolution and you already have abilities equal to that evolution. Yet, you are still unripened. The anger you have released while you knew I extinguished the breath of all the people here are genuine, however, insubstantial anger wouldn't awaken you as a savior."

"I don't know what you're suddenly blabbering about but I don't have a pinch of an idea what are you talking about. I am a human, I will not become anything else."

"That's completely fine with me. You still don't know what kind of gift that individual has suffused in your body? Regardless of whether you wanted it or not it is destined for you to become one."

"I don't care if I change a bit. Even humans change because of time, it is the beauty of our existence. A demon whose lifespan is unlimited wouldn't understand it. The precious limited time humans are savoring with their loved ones. Wouldn't appreciate the thought of protecting one life. Unlike a demon who fought for millennia wouldn't understand human wisdom of protection and affection. The beauty of life and how we appreciate what we have."

To that, Black has felt personally remarked. His grip may accidentally fire the Disintegration spell if not he concluded Shizu to be the human worth of observation second only to that being.

"Humans have limited lifespans."

"I don't care."

"Humans are temporary they expire and degrade."