the one with the ex girlfriend

Comenzar desde el principio

"I had no idea Simone can spit fire in the morning like that." The baseball player joked as they watched the Hicks girl walk away.

Alex smirked. "You get used to it and thank god she's gonna get coffee. I stayed up late editing some videos for my friends."

"Damn girl, I thought you said you were on a small break from editing and filming anything until classes start." Ever since the two started talking again, they found themselves hanging out with each other if Damon didn't have baseball practice and Alex wasn't at film club meetings. She signed up and club meetings had started a couple of days ago.

"I was, but then Spencer, Jordan, and JJ were asking me to edit some videos their highlight reels and I said yes. I don't mind anyway. I've been doing this since high school for them and I've had a lot of fun," Almost every athlete back at Beverly High School asked Alex to put a highlight reel them at least once. It made her pretty popular around campus as someone who had the best camera skills whether it came to shooting videos or pictures. The three guys were just lucky enough to be close friends with her that they got at least more than one video and that included college. She looked at the papers in her hand. "I can't believe we start classes tomorrow. It doesn't feel real for some reason."

"Crazy right? College is for real for real now."

Alex reached for necklace and started to move the 'A' pendant back and forth against the chain. It was a nervous habit of hers. "Tell me about it. I got that wake up call when my mom called me the other day and mentioned how I wouldn't be home until thanksgiving or at least Christmas."

It felt weird. Her life consisted of coming home to her parents and brother everyday for the most part and now she wasn't. The homesickness Alex forgot about hasn't hit until now. It was weird.

"Hey Lex, you'll be fine, alright? You're allowed to be homesick. There's nothing wrong with that. We can be homesick together."

"You're a good friend, Damon." Alex gave a him small smile. On the inside she felt proud of herself from hitting Damon with the same phrase he told her that night at the bonfire. It may have been a petty move, but he deserved it. After all, all those months of talking seemed close to being more than friends to her. At least that's what she thought.

-

Simone came back with the coffee and the girls along with Damon signed up for their classes. Alex signed up for four general education classes because those were the only ones her counselor said she should take and she agreed. The film major wanted to take it easy for the first semester to situate herself with this being her first college semester. This was always something she dreamed about. What would college look like for her? Her eyes were mainly set on LMU film school back in Los Angeles, but Bringston caught her eye when she visited last year. Now college was real life for Alex. She knows what it likes to put too much on her plate, so that's why she didn't add any major classes to her schedule. Taking AP classes during high school definitely paid off, so there some classes she didn't need to do. The only film related thing she would be doing for school is film club which Alex was headed to at the moment.

Malia, the club president wanted the first year students of the club to meet. From Alex's understanding, it was for first year students to familiarize themselves with their first year at Bringston and to see if they had any questions they wanted to ask. Malia and Alex kept in touch after they first met last year. It was nice to already have a friend at school who understood film like she did. Once she got to the building where most club meetings were held, Alex noticed the different film posters that were hung along the wall that led to the Lion Film club room. She tapped the Top Gun one for good luck just because and opened the door. Most film club members had already arrived. She noticed most fellow first year students like herself were attending the meeting and hadn't gotten to know all of them yet.

Alex was shy when it came to things like this, especially in a new environment where she would have reestablish herself. This wasn't high school anymore. "Hey Alex." Malia greeted the girl.

"Malia, hey. I didn't see you at the bonfire last week." Alex replied back.

"I know. I wanted to go, but I couldn't make it on time because I was getting back from a family vacation. How was the bonfire?" She told the older girl about the night of the bonfire. She even told her about how she saw Damon again. Alex has told her about meeting a guy last year, but his name never came up...well until now.

"Damon? As in Damon Sims?" Malia asked like she was unsure of something.

"Yeah. Damon Sims. Him and I met last year. We were talking for a while, but then he ghosted me, and I didn't see him until last night," Alex explained. "Why? Do you know him? I mean everybody knows who he is, but it seems like you kinda like you know him personally."

"Oh sorry, I just- We used to go out." Her face fell. She was not expecting that.

"Really? For how long?"

"We dated for about a year and things just didn't go the way I expected to for us. It's been a minute since I've seen him. I'm sorry that he ghosted you, Alex. I'm pretty sure he had a good excuse though. Baseball season gets pretty hectic for him especially with his mom being how she is." This was too much and it hasn't even been ten minutes yet. Her mind started to wonder through different scenarios.

Alex pulled herself out of that mental hole and put a smile on her face. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was why too. No need to worry about him and I. We're just friends."

The subject was changed into something that wasn't set around boys and right at 1:30, the meeting had begun. Just like Malia promised, she made a more informal introduction about how club is going to be for the whole school year. Most upperclassmen are working on their portfolio, so the lower class men will be helping the former with anything short films or anything related to that. Meetings will be helping film majors grow and learn. Once a month they'll be watching movies and critiquing them. At the end of the year everyone in the club will get to do a showcase of their work minus the freshmen, but they are allowed to give input whenever it was needed. This all got Alex very excited since most of her classes this school year will be general ed classes. The meeting ended later then intended because the vice president of the club apparently likes to talk...a lot which led Malia to tell him that he needed to wrap it because everyone in the room was getting restless.

"Alex, some of us are going into downtown Atlanta to watch a movie. Want to go with us?" Malia asked as they were leaving the room.

"Yeah sure. I'm down. I'll see you guys tonight." With that she walked off to her dorm.

cieara says...
the things i got planned for malia is gonna be fun!!! if you don't remember her, she is the person who alex met in the prologue. malia is also a film major like our lovely gal and now we know she is also damon's ex girlfriend too. hope you guys enjoyed this one!

p.s. alex's outfits are always shown at the beginning of the chapter.