One hundred and twenty five

Começar do início

"You promise?" Erin whispered.

"I promise. Want me to scrub in with you? Sing you silly songs to keep you company?" Amelia grinned.

Erin chuckled, wiping the tears from her eyes before they fell.

"That would actually be nice. Alex is helping me do the retrieval while Arizona holds down peds. We could use someone to lighten the mood," Erin said.

"I am very happy to oblige. You wanna grab some coffee before we go down?" Amelia said.

"I really, really do," Erin said, standing up and linking her sister.

"You know, if you succeed in this, you could get yourself a Harper Avery," Amelia said.

"Can't. We don't get them if we work for a hospital under the foundation," Erin said.

"You didn't hear? Catherine waved that after Richard threw a fit over Cristina. Richard said Cristina just never bothered to appeal her loss," Amelia said.

"Wait, why wouldn't she appeal it? She deserved it. It was a daylight robbery," Erin scoffed.

"I don't know. Maybe she didn't want to dig up old graves, or something," Amelia said.

"Maybe. I don't care if I win one," Erin said.

She truly didn't, which was insane. She'd wanted a Harper Avery for as long as she could remember because she thought it would be the only way to prove to Ellis that she was a good surgeon and a good daughter, that she really was worth the attention Ellis refused to give her.

But, now? Erin didn't want to think about it. She couldn't think about anything but the fact that she was going to do an experimental surgery on her ex boyfriend's ex wife's kid. God, she needed to retire soon.

"I know you don't, but I will. I can't wait to tell everybody that my baby sister has a Harper Avery. You deserve it! You're a superhero," Amelia said.

Erin rolled her eyes with a laugh, digging Amelia in the ribs.

"Shut up," she said.

"No, I'm serious! I'm so proud of you. And Mer and Maggie are, too, duh, but Mer's had you to herself forever and Maggie shares your blood, and I'm not even your sister, really, 'cause Mer married my brother, not you. But you're her sister so you're mine, and I never really had sisters I liked until I came to Seattle and met you and Mer and Maggie. And Mer and I don't always get on and Maggie is way happier than the rest of us, but I always thought you and I were on the same wavelength," Amelia said.

"Are you calling me your person, Amelia Shepherd?" Erin smirked at her.

Amelia rolled her eyes but nodded.

"Yeah, I am. You're my person and my baby sister, my favourite sister, and I really love you. And your wife, she's fucking cool. And your kids? Legends. I swear, Archie is the smartest kid ever. And Rue? He runs into things and doesn't even flinch, but I'm there panicking he's given himself an aneurysm. And the twins' laughs makes me so happy all the time. You've given me an amazing family," Amelia said.

Erin smiled, pulling Amelia into a proper hug.

"I love you so much, Mi, you don't even understand. Like, seriously, you have no idea. I would not have survived these last few years without you. Especially when Mer left. Ten years ago, Meredith leaving me without a word would've sent me straight to the grave. I wouldn't have gotten through it without you," Erin mumbled.

"Who's your favourite sister? I will take no offence if it's not me. I know you and Mer have your history and Maggie is your blood, and Lexie and everything," Amelia said.