He gets tensed a little as he looks away from me. "I had to kidnap her to blackmail you."

I nod, at least someone got benefitted from it. I don't say that out loud because I don't want him to feel bad.

After a little silence, he gets up. "Thank you for listening patiently."

I give him a small smile as I get up and he turns around to walk out of the room. I realize I have learned to be patient, I never had the patience and I feel happy now that I have it. You need to have patience when you are a mother.

I stand by the doorway remembering how weird my life is. Sometimes, taking all of it isn't easy for me. I'm lucky to have Neil who understands me otherwise it would have been a lot difficult.

It's my children's birthday and here I'm feeling sad about my past and worrying about my future. My present is too beautiful, I have everyone here my family, my mother, my in-laws and my friends but deep inside it's difficult to not feel worried about what will happen in the future.

Sara, Zar, and Myra make it difficult for me to handle my friendship. And that's something I am worried about. I look at my in-laws and mother as they gossip while having dinner.

Niam and Navya along with Foziah's kids run around the house as they play. My heart melts seeing their innocence and pure laugh.

Asad, Kabir, DD, Kiaan, and Neil stand in a corner as they talk. Zar and Myra sit opposite Sara and Alia and they seem busy talking with each other.

I look over my shoulder when I feel someone keep their hand. I give Foziah a small smile, she looks at my face as she holds her daughter.

"Fawzi." She calls her son when he passes by. "Give her to your dad."

"Mumma, I am playing." He wines but takes his sister in his arms.

"Careful," Foziah says as he walks.

"Are you alright?" She turns to look at me.

"I am." I smile. I don't know much about her but she appears to be an experienced woman.

"You do look fit, fine, healthy, strong, and beautiful." She chuckles. "What's going on in here?" She taps my head slowly.

I look at her taken back wondering why I never made her my friend. She looks past me and I follow her gaze as she looks at Zar, Myra, Sara, and Alia.

"Are you worried about them?" She looks at me.

"Kind of. I may be a little bad at handling relationships." I sigh as I look at them.

"Everyone is bad at it. Some people adjust, some sacrifice." She shrugs. "We are all new to it until we get used to it."

I nod as I get into my head whatever she says. "Is everything too much to handle?"

I hear the concern in her voice and I don't understand if I have to open up to her or just keep it to myself. I realize I was fine with everything until Kabir said and from then things look a bit complicated to me.

"Neil and my children don't feel anything new to me and my in-laws feel my own by the way they treat me." I begin to say.

"Just my friends and the things which aren't solved from the past are not easy to go with." I sigh looking down.

"Sara is not as bad as she looks." She tells me slowly. "And Zar is not as strong as she looks."

I frown as I look at her wondering how she knows about Zar. "You know Zar?"

"I don't know her personally but I did see her crying out alone that day when you all came to my house." She nods.

I look at Zar feeling bad, we all have someone to stand beside at a party or celebration it's just Zar who is single.

Sweetness Of Life ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara