||2||

Glancing around the room, I noticed the edges by the main entrance were freezing, small fingers of frost spreading out across the space.

Hartley has arrived.

"Target on site," I whispered.

"Fiachra solution is ten minutes away from your current location. Can you hold Hartley back while you wait?"

"I can try," I muttered before the doors suddenly went flying from the frame and across to the other side of the room.

The room fell silent before the crackling of ice spread over the room and in walked a man, his hair whiter than snow, eyes were such a bright blue I almost didn't believe they were real for a moment there.

"Argent!" Hartley shouted, well, actually, it was more like a roar than a shout, "show yourself!"

Our host, Johnas Argent slipped into the crowd and tried to disappear from sight but Hartley noticed him immediately.

He marched over to Johnas and grabbed him.

"Hartley is in my view he's got Argent," I whispered, "Can you find me a quiet space in this building to get changed?"

"Hacking the cameras."

"You will pay!" Hartley shouted.

He was taller than I expected.

Like really tall.

Buff too.

Can't help but wonder what this guys position in Argent's business was.

To be fair, I'm not all that sure what Argent's business is. So...

"Alright. There is a room with no cameras through the door behind you to your left. I'll cut the cameras through the whole building for five seconds so you can get in quickly."

"Which door?" I asked.

"First on the right wall."

I nodded and looked to the camera.

"Tell me when," I glanced back to Hartley.

We've got to be quick before that guy tears Argent a new one.

"Now."

1...

2...

Quickly moving as subtly as I could to the door on my left, I left the room and looked down the hall.

3...

First on the right.

4...

I quickly sprinted forward and threw myself into the room.

5...

"Cameras back online."

Impressed with myself. I didn't fall over this time.

Unfortunately, there aren't cameras in here so my team didn't see me successfully slide into the room and not go face first into the floor.

I'm disappointed.

They only ever see me when I'm falling over. It's a pain in the ass.

I pressed my pendant up against my chest and pressed the activation button.

My suit quickly came out and covered my body, hiding my face and allowing me to open all of my eyes.

Being able to open my extra two created from my mutation from the radioactive spider felt good. Albeit a little dizzy.